• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

MikeF

Reaction score
I got Crazy Glue on a pair of Tom Ford 5012 frames while trying to do a small repair. Then, to make matters much worse, I managed to remove the finish from the acetate while trying to remove the Crazy Glue.

Will plastic polish restore the finish?

If not, where is the cheapest place to buy a replacement pair of identical frames? I assume I can reuse the lenses.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeF
I got Crazy Glue on a pair of Tom Ford 5012 frames while trying to do a small repair. Then, to make matters much worse, I managed to remove the finish from the acetate while trying to remove the Crazy Glue.

Will plastic polish restore the finish?

If not, where is the cheapest place to buy a replacement pair of identical frames? I assume I can reuse the lenses.

Using Crazy Glue on eyewear is like using duct tape on cars. They do NOT go together. There is no way that I know that you can remove glue from the frame. If you got it on the lenses, it is a write off. On a frame, you may be able to sand it and then buff it but it won't be easy.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Alright I have a couple questions, hopefully they weren't asked before. I have owned a lot of sunglasses and I have narrowed it down to a couple brands mainly a lot of Tom Ford, RayBan, and one Terry Brogan. I tried Dita, but I guess it's cool that it's titanium and what not, but it still felt really light and plastic.

So far no Tom Ford that I have bought have come even close to the quality of my Ray Ban RB3025. I want to know what company out there offers a glass lens and great styles. I thought I found this with Mui Jim...awesome lenses.....boring line.

I bought the Tom Ford 007 glasses back in 09 and I could not believe it was worth 400+ I could of bought a generic look a like and would of felt the same quality....
Now I am still looking for some Oliver Peoples Airman

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teresa412009
What ya think about this pair of Men's Sunglasses? Are they nice sunglasses for boys? Wanna buy a nice pair for my bf as christmas gift. What do u suggest to go with?

First off, do not buy from that site. Their promotion code is "YUGSAVE5/25" for goodness sakes. The site is obviously a bootleg site, at best.

Secondly, those sunglasses are a very conservative pair. You could possibly get the same in many different brands.

Hermitedge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
I guess it would depend on where you shop. Online you will find it for cheaper. If you go to a boutique, it will be a bit more. You might want to email them and see what the msrp would be in your area.

Would you happen to know any online vendors who carry that brand?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hermitedge
Would you happen to know any online vendors who carry that brand?

Unfortunately, I do not know of any online retailers.

I would like to get into contact with any online retailers with a good reputation that I can refer to but I have not found one yet.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would you know of any brow line glasses that have a large lens width.

like a 54 or bigger?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
would you know of any brow line glasses that have a large lens width.

like a 54 or bigger?

I can't think of any at the moment (only 50's come to mind right now) but I will keep my eyes peeled.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abliss
Actually received some PMs, but none was the same as the once i am looking for

I know it isn't the frame but Skaga 2435 looks similar. It has little trims, but that is basically the shape you are looking for. The name of the shape is called "Panto" or "P3".

Good luck!

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
what is the general consensus on rimless glasses?

Rimless are a great solution for people with high rxs and low rxs alike. With high rxs you can make the lenses smaller and minimize edge thickness. They are very light and comfortable. Right now the "trend" seems to be retro. Most companies are coming out with the large, thick and heavy frames. Rimless still do a fair bit of business in the market but not as much as plastics. In any case, you can find some really well made rimless frames that could potentially last you a lifetime if mounted correctly. They style is a bit more subtle and simple.

my 2 cents...

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OPEO-UA17_V2.jpg

i was thinking of getting these. but they only come in sunglasses so they would be 375 wich i think is crazy for some Oliver Peoples.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads