• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Does a deep deep brown suit go very well with an asian man(me) of this skin tone?

I'm between
products-asian-man-smiling-white-450-298.jpg
and
glee-harry-shum-jr-gq-550.jpg

This is the suit :
$_57.JPG

abl

Reaction score

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
They're all horrible. You can get a 12" silk square from The Tie Bar in a million different colours for ten bucks. And then you'll want one that's bigger and nicer. No. Don't encourage it.

raelrubin

Reaction score
Hi I'm just starting out collecting ray bans I love everything about them. Found this pair online and just checking if they're legit and what's a good price for them. Tried finding out about them and I couldn't find any information about them

Here's is what the description is

Vintage B&L Ray Ban USA

Model: Celebrities San Francisco Black G-15 Grey W1900

Includes case

Excellent Condition

Temple to Temple 5" Height 1 7/8"

Vintage sunglasses never worn . Because they are keep storage many years, may have or may have not sign of storage.

Anything will help thank you

Naphatw

Reaction score
Can I please have some opinion on this suit?

I am curious about the sleeves. Are the sleeves of the suit too long?
Or are the sleeves of my (inside) shirt too short.

Please let me know what you think.
Thanks,

bklyndoc12

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I was hoping for some feedback on my recent MTM experience with these gray flannel trousers. Any tips for the next pair?

Thanks in advance!

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which Dinner Jacket is better?

Or is it none of the above? I was thinking the first one IMO.
First one, unless you're Hugh Heffner in which case go for number 3.

How high up my back should I wear a messenger bag?

Jojo Lapin X

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't really see the appeal of polyester pocket squares.

They are an ingenious invention, as they can be used to clean your glasses, tablet computers, etc. I would not wear them every day, perhaps, but they are ideal for long flights. Declan has much nicer ones, however.

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I was hoping for some feedback on my recent MTM experience with these gray flannel trousers. Any tips for the next pair?

Thanks in advance!
Too tight around the seat, thighs and rise. I challenge you to wear them for a whole day and report back as to how comfortable it is to wear. You will NOT be standing all day so your trou need to be COMFORTABLE. I made this mistake with altering OTR trousers. I now have a 9" leg opening and ample room in the seat & rise without being tight. My rise has to be at least 11.5" cause I wear them below my navel.

bradp

Reaction score
Forgive the silly question but can't get a solid answer...Does "conservative business dress" stand for conservative business dress? If so, is that just the standard blue suit, white shirt, black shoes, etc?

What I ultimately am trying to find out is if i can wear double monks in a conservative environment (law firm) but didn't know if asking if they were "conservative business dress" was the right way to ask it.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forgive the silly question but can't get a solid answer...Does "conservative business dress" stand for conservative business dress? If so, is that just the standard blue suit, white shirt, black shoes, etc?

What I ultimately am trying to find out is if i can wear double monks in a conservative environment (law firm) but didn't know if asking if they were "conservative business dress" was the right way to ask it. 

It does stand for conservative business dress, at least on this forum. I doubt anyone else would know what you meant by it.
Double monks are not conservative business dress. There is an entire thread dedicated to it. I don't have the link handy right now, but you should be able to search for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads