• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

AE7

Reaction score
Wrong subforum, please delete.

Last edited:

blacksamurai30

Reaction score
I'm going to a wedding this summer, the attire is black tie. Would a midnight blue tuxedo be appropriate? Specifically, this one by Belvest:

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how durable are the mmm gat's gum soles?

Not the best, but not the worst - mine developed holes after 3ish years of semi-regular wear. A bit of a bummer as the uppers were still fine. CP soles will last a big longer

Last edited:

herp

Reaction score
Need some minimalistic everyday trousers (black,grey, navy). Not too formal but not too sloppy either.
Somewhat relaxed but with a good taper.
Here are some examples from Ute Ploier, Peir Wu x Snowman and Schneider.

Any recommendations?

R300

Reaction score
out of the three above, the second seems to fit your description the best, but I guess that's because of the fit on the whole..

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how durable are the mmm gat's gum soles?

Not the best, but not the worst - mine developed holes after 3ish years of semi-regular wear. A bit of a bummer as the uppers were still fine. CP soles will last a big longer

thanks man

another random question: should the tail end of the belt be under or over the belt loop?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh and is this legit a Vis piece?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Visvim-...=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&var=&hash=item35d43a81bd

I haven't kept up with Visvim over the last 3-4 years so I don't know. But I like it and it's $150.

EDIT:
So I found this from a blog post.

And this is from the eBay listing

Obviously the colours are very different. So I don't know if it's a rip or if there were multiple colourways of the same jacket, again. Any help would be appreciated, I think the fact it's $150 and shipping from Hong Kong is what feels so suspect about it.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XPost:

First-hand opinions on the comparative slimness of CT Extra Slim Fit vs. BB ESF? I see measurement charts assembled on 3rd party sites that would list the CTs in this comparison as slimmer, but wondering if anyone could speak more directly to the question. Which brand's ESF in a 16/35 will be slimmer?

FWIW, I take 16/35 in BBESF just fine. Up to now had only tried CT Slim fit, which were good, but still a bit of volume in the trunk - however, the measurement charts put the CT ESF as almost 4 inches smaller in the waist than ESF and wondered if that was true or just e-measurements being e-measurements.

Last edited:

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the quality on A kind Of Guise stuff? Comparable to EG, ts(s) etc?

Last edited:

JSAN

Reaction score
What outwear goes with DH jeans and Visvim boots? Seems to be half workwear and half rocker, but they work well together.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads