• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Hkstyles

Reaction score
Recommend me some low-top, cheap, white sneakers that I can wear as beaters. Gogogo

Last edited:

MRAMIT

Reaction score
Anyone know what jeans these are?

I'm looking for a pair of jeans i saw a dude wearing this weekend.
They were slightly pre-distressed with a small semi-hole near the front pocket.
The front left pocket (wearers left) had a red label spanning the entrance of the pocket
They were slightly tapered like a straight fit but slight taper.
There was a smaller pocket above the rear right pocket that had a zigzag stitching.

Does anyone know what these jeans are?

Last edited:

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15848_182416873686_516978686_2996678_2254448_n.jpg

ID on those shades?

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, hai. Can a seam ripper remove tacky logos from otherwise desirable clothing?
That heavy embroidery and the fabric would likely leave a pattern of holes in the logo's shape anyway

Does anyone know what the **** "action leather" is? I've heard the term thrown around describing skate shoes, and there's a pair of supras i'm eyeing that's made of "action leather". I'm wondering if it's complete crap and will look horrible with wear, or is possibly decent/durable.
First thought would be that it's fake leather meant to be durable (leather doesn't really do well in battles with griptape)

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know what the **** "action leather" is? I've heard the term thrown around describing skate shoes, and there's a pair of supras i'm eyeing that's made of "action leather". I'm wondering if it's complete crap and will look horrible with wear, or is possibly decent/durable.
First thought would be that it's fake leather meant to be durable (leather doesn't really do well in battles with griptape)
I haven't skated in years but the best shoes in terms of durability was the es (I think maybe it was lakai) that had a special coating on the leather an the Vans Rowley from maybe 03 or so that had the composite material over the front of the shoes, those were by far the best pair of skate shows I owned. Leather still trumps suede / man made materials normally though.

highlighter

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking to pick up a Filson 257 from a brick and mortar store (I don't have time to ship it, unfortunately, as I kind of forgot that my university starts next week) and I was hoping I could get some recs for a store around North Jersey? I've been trying to find a list of licensed dealers on the Filson website, but I seem to only be getting flagship stores listed. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

stukearney

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I currently have a pair of Thin Finns in 36X36 that fit me perfectly. I'm looking for a super dark jean in a similar fit. Im in Australia so something that ships online would be great. $200-$250 max.

And yes I've checked all the available styles in slim jim etc. All of the darker nudies (apart from the dry black) have pre-distressed elements. Im chasing something neat like:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=273

I've had a pretty good look through SelfEdge and denimbar, but my untrained eyes didn't find anything I like thats available.

Thanks heaps!

Stuart

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend someone who makes a solid black oxford shirt, aside from BoO and Save Khaki? I'm looking for something along the lines of the ACL x Steven Alan shirt. At this point I don't care if the buttons are black or white, but would prefer black stitching. I think custom might be only option at this point. I e-mailed ToJ and they said they they can do it in white stitching and buttons. There's a local shop here who charges a bit more, but I don't recall them offerring a solid black fabric. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads