1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. AmericanLion

AmericanLion Well-Known Member

I want something that is going to be durable and well-constructed as well! I am going to check out Topmans though! Thanks

2. johnwsimpson

johnwsimpson New Member

3. JasSingh

JasSingh New Member

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  4. JasSingh

JasSingh New Member

This peacoat was on Hautelook yesterday and ended today. I didn't noticed until I came home and saw a sign on the website saying it ended =[

Does anyone know where to get this peacoat or one that is verrryyyyy similar to it? I usually don't like peacoats but this one hit the spot, unfortunately it got away.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  5. max_r

max_r Senior member

i'm a big fan of the uniqlo dry packaged shirts. dont shrink, fit me well. they run about a half size to a full size large though.

uniqlo's premium cotton shirts are made of really nice cotton but they dont fit me as well (sizing is normal on these ones) even on a size up from the dry packaged. also they dont sell them on the UK site anymore. i think the US may still have them. worth looking into.

1 person likes this.
  6. Vastrm Darren

Vastrm Darren Active Member

I think your best bet would be American Apparel or H&M. I like H&M V-necks. The 'V' isn't too deep and they cost like $5 and have pretty much every color available. The fit is awesome as well.

For crew neck t-shirts I go with American Apparel. As tall and slim, they fit me perfect. Although a bit more pricey, I still wear AA shirts that I bought four years ago.

1 person likes this.
  7. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

The golden bear varsities don't fit very well imo, too boxy..

AA "loose summer crew" is awesome for the price, if you're willing to pay more acne makes great tees

8. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Couldn't find the Unionmade Golden Bear...

Another question, how do North Sea Clothing knits compare to SNS?

9. leeba

leeba Senior member

Altering a sweater that's too long, can it be done? For what it's worth it's a cheap acrylic blend, I just like the pattern on it and it fits nicely it's just like 2 or 3 inches too long lol. Only reason I ask is because I normally don't hear of people altering sweaters. Also, if shortened there would be no more ribbing on the bottom and that would probably look funny? Body could use a small taper too if possible

10. AmericanLion

I can't go with H&M because I don't have a store within a hundred miles of me. I wish I did because those are some cheap shirts!! I think I am going to just order one from Everlane, American Apparel, Alternative Apparel, and Uniqlo and just see what I like the most. Unfortunately Uniqlo only has dry packaged v necks in my size available right now

Thanks for the input fellas!

11. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Anybody have a recommendation for some good quality washed denim. Would prefer a slightly relaxed cut, dark in color but needs to be softer than raw denim, and preferably selvage. My dad was lamenting the lack of nice dark denim in his wardrobe and I'd like to get him some for his birthday...but he's in his mid-50's and isn't going to be into the stiffness of raw denim, nor the more modern slim cuts.

12. AmericanLion

Opinions on a couple of mall brands.

Round tree and York
    Calvin Klein
    Hugo Boss
    Ben Sherman
    Perry Ellis
    Ralph Lauren

Which ones do you stay away from and which do you add to your wardrobe

Edit: if I get some gray denim can I wear brown boots and brogues with them?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  13. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

RL, anything above Chaps/Lauren is fine. That is probably it.

And yes, you can wear brown and grey like that, depending.

14. AmericanLion

There is a Ralph Lauren black label button down at TJ max. Is it worth 100 bucks?

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

What is your price range? I would probably go for RRL in the straight fit. You can find it on ebay in the $100 to $150 range.

RL black label is good quality and $100 is a pretty good price as I believe retail starts at around 300 . Only get it if you like the shirt and the fit though. Don't buy it just because it is a good brand because you probably wouldn't wear it much.

1 person likes this.
  16. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

That isn't a peacoat it looks like a wool m65 jacket. Shades of Grey releases one almost every year I think.

17. AmericanLion

It's super comfortable! However it is a grey almost wool like look to it. I am not sure how I would wear it

18. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Grey should pair well with a lot of stuff well. It may also depend on the shade. You can wear it with black jeans, blue jeans, khaki jacket, etc. If you are not sure on how to wear it though maybe you shouldn't get it.

1 person likes this.
  19. AmericanLion

Thanks! I find myself in between a large and medium on everything. A large in RL isn't a fitted look for me but a medium is. However, if a medium shrinks any at all it will be to small. What do you do in my dilemma. Do you buy a large and wash it and toss it in the dryer hoping for a little shrinkage and a good fit or go with the medium and just always hang it to dry?

20. JasSingh

JasSingh New Member

Awesome, thanks Timbaland!