1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. alzex

alzex Well-Known Member

I wear size 8.5 JPs, should I get the same size of John Varvatos cons?

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

All made in China. Quality is decent, nothing particularly special, but I'd wait for it to hit sales for it to be really worth it, imo

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I lost a ton of weight over the past year (40 pounds on a small frame), so barely any of my clothes fit me well anymore.

I'm trying to nail down an outwear garment. I don't wear suits often and am 5'6, so shy away from the long, black overcoats one sees everywhere.

I'm eying a Burberry Brit peacoat, but it's made in China and still $800. Ehh. Size small, so fairly shapely, but doesn't scream rich. It's dark navy.

I'm looking at an MMM peacoat, made in Italy, $1350. I can get my size 36, but are peacoats warm enough for Philly/NYC/Chicago weather? Navy.

Lastly, I have my eye on an Moncler Field Jacket. It's fairly straightforward on the outside, but has that trendy internal puffer thing going on, so it doesn't look bulky but is of course warmer than the other two options. It's about $1450, made in Romania, which for some reason I'm much more okay with than China. :D It's black so I wonder if that's less attractive?

Thoughts? I'm in the consulting/advertising industry, so tend to be on the edgy side fashion wise.

4. wootx

wootx Senior member

5. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Look at Krane.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Not stopping you, just saying that whole rack of Shipley & Halmos gets cheap soon

7. alzex

alzex Well-Known Member

What boot can i get for ~150 that's good for walking around if it snows/freezing rains in nyc?

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

^Bean Boots. Don't look great, but they will keep you dry and have great traction.

9. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

There isn't as as good a boot for slippery surfaces as the Bestard Crossover. You can read about it on the Winter Boots thread.

10. oxx

oxx Member

Can anyone ID this sweater that LL Cool J wore on Conan a couple days ago? I only found a couple of tiny pictures so the video might be easier to see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Video link here.

11. 13k

13k Senior member

If I'm a 43 in CP's typically 10.5D would that translate to a 43 in MMM GATS?

12. applky

applky Senior member

I have a brown calfskin TOJ bomber that's a year old and could use some conditioning. Could anyone recommend a good leather conditioner?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I recently order a pair of pants from Gant. The item received wasn't as described, not drastically different but it was still clearly not the same. They expect me to pay return shipping, and it was like pulling teeth just to get them to agree to pay the initial shipping to me. Anything else I can do about this? Considering placing a charge back on my CC (which I have never done before).

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Send them a screenshot of this page; also politely mention you have a style blog, tumblr, etc. with many followers, and you would like to first give them the opportunity to make things right (because you don't want to be rash and post something that will cost them a lot more than shipping). It couldn't hurt.

15. strangerjames

strangerjames Member

I'm buying a peacoat from Schott (DU753) with a "leather under collar trim" in oxford grey.
    Would it look weird to pop the collar?
    I just noticed how big the collar is, too.

A pic of the peacoat:
    [​IMG]