• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

skeen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Wow.
Indeed.
The churches actually do have a good reason to be tax exempt. First and foremost it allows free practice of religion to flourish. The state does not have any authority to regulate beliefs and smaller faiths are allowed to practice without the burden of taxes.
You've missed a pretty damn important point though, haven't you? Why is religion special? Why should it flourish? How is this a good thing? It's superstitious nonsense! How on earth is it a good thing to make people stupid? How is it a good thing to deter people from proper scientific education, telling them a man lived to be 900, and that the world is just thousands of years old?!
Moreover, churches and places of worship are, tautologically, non-profits. Hence, they should be given the same tax status as non profits (your own biases against religions notwithstanding, and frankly, aren't worth even worth addressing).
I think my points are entirely worth addressing. There's no reason in the world that you can give me to prove one religion over another. They're all based on "just believing anyway", aka faith. Religion does not deserve tax-free status when it breaks the separation of church and state. When it tries to put its religion in the science class, when it rallies against civil rights, disallowing gay couples to marry. It's a hateful, arrogant and ignorant message, dressed up as love for the sake of being "saved".
worship.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we all go back to discussing clothes, please?

Not that this discussion isn't infinitely fascinating -- but I'd much rather talk about how badly the OP's clothes fit.

And for the record, you're all going to hell for derailing a perfectly wonderful discussion on how barbaric, horrendous and scary the OP's clothes were.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by plotter
It's like he's the ugliest man in the world because he has the world's ugliest outfits.

Wow, similar attacks on SoCal. Have you looked in a mirror lately? And I hope that is not you in your avatar.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Skeen seems to be bitter towards those who have politicized religion moreso than relegion itself. And, for that matter, those who have politicized it for the far right. I know the media has portrayed more or less all churches that way but it's just not the case. All of the churches I am involved with were, very subtly, for Obama, and not so subtle when he won.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skeen
Indeed.

You've missed a pretty damn important point though, haven't you? Why is religion special? Why should it flourish? How is this a good thing?

It's superstitious nonsense! How on earth is it a good thing to make people stupid? How is it a good thing to deter people from proper scientific education, telling them a man lived to be 900, and that the world is just thousands of years old?!

I think my points are entirely worth addressing. There's no reason in the world that you can give me to prove one religion over another. They're all based on "just believing anyway", aka faith.

Religion does not deserve tax-free status when it breaks the separation of church and state. When it tries to put its religion in the science class, when it rallies against civil rights, disallowing gay couples to marry. It's a hateful, arrogant and ignorant message, dressed up as love for the sake of being "saved".

worship.gif

There are points worth of discussion yet the reason I won't is because it is fairly obvious you don't want to have a true debate.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
It's easy when you dont have a vested interest.

If I could only react the same way with women, my life would be a great deal more pleasant.

skeen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luddite
Spiffy...the worst dressed, with the best posts.

Dude's ability to take flak, smile, and gently reply is astounding.

Yes, I do commend you for your ability to take criticism. I don't agree with your dress, or your religious views, but you seem like a nice enough guy.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
We rep Elmo:

l_35cacf407ce44cdeaf953cec89b9edb7.jpg

l_a6ef3eb4876c448d8fde511740f41dd6.jpg

And if you have something negative to say about my daughter, you're just really evil.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Some time in February, not sure exactly when.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your daughter has cool hair. The curls that goes down the middle is perfect.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Totally unintentional. Her hair does exactly what it wants to do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads