1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I haven't recently, but I own an older jacket and have seen it at Pitti and retailers over the last few seasons. It's sort of like a Last Conspiracy of clothing, if that makes sense - definitely a bit derivative, fixated on providing a product to a specific consumer segment, but some of the clothes might be cool. It's a fairly old Italian brand, all things considered, but the designer has directed it progressively more towards what that piece you've linked looks like (Fok would call it Arte Povera, but it's not really) over the last few seasons, whereas previously the focus was on clothing you could move in, etc. - hence the name "Transit." It was also much less "avant-garde," although I don't think you could call that style avant garde any more. I think they use fewer synthetics now than they used to. I find it less interesting now.

From what I have seen (which is not everything, and most recently was probably 1-2 years ago), I don't think that it's going to blow your mind. It's more like Poeme Bohemien/etc. than like M.A.+, if that makes sense.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. JayFS

JayFS Senior member

Thanks @Synthese for the input.

I definitely see the similarities between Transit and Poeme with the overly faded/dyed designs and other derivatives. Might give it a go with a deeper discount but I'm not too keen on the flap pockets, which I just noticed.

3. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

What Synth said is pretty spot on. Having said that, I was at a Transit store a little while ago and handled a bunch of their stuff. If it's quality you're worried about, it's perfectly adequate. If it's anything else, well... do you like the coat or don't you?

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

X-post.....

3 people like this.
  5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Who makes cool shorts in this spectrum? (No zam or RO plz)

6. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

There are cool shorts?

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

They're all bad, with LUC being the worst offenders. If you don't like RO style, grab a pair of Nike shorts and say screw it til the weather cools down

1 person likes this.
  8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I am not against Nike, just hoped there some from the brands discussed

9. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

Where is the man of the hour, @wormwood? Are you running away from all this? Why can't you provide real tracking or honest answers? It's been over a week and everyone's waiting for their answers.

10. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Is he the guy with the IG accnt - thirdofwaters?

11. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

12. aronan

aronan Active Member

Devoa makes some, but I haven't tried myself.

1 person likes this.
  13. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

Nude_m.

1 person likes this.
  14. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Layer-0 sail hemp pants in 5P style. Finally :slayer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. docdocgs

docdocgs Senior member

Great pair, @uzairh ! i just got mine. VERY comfortable; great fabric. I didn't ask the retailer, but do you know from where the fabric is sourced, by any chance?

16. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

The fabric is from the sails of the famous Italian ship: The Amerigo Vespucci.

17. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Would it be right to say that his 5P style trousers made of cotton canvas is of similar material?

18. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

/\ very different fabrics.

1 person likes this.
  19. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

I have the canvas in grey/green (size 50) and I haven't really been able to wear them due to the calves being so damn tight (any offers please hmu). Doc, how do the calves feel on the hemp sail pair?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  20. docdocgs

docdocgs Senior member

Hey Alex, the canvas pants are tight on my non-potato farmer calves, but not so much in the sail hemp. My calves are a bit on the slim side of average, and there is decent room left, maybe 1.5-2" of circumference, in the sail hemp pants, whereas I can feel the tightness in the canvas pants. Hope this helps. Oh, and ankle sneakers incoming. Psyched.

And @onijo84 , the sail hemp is more linen-like, breathable. The canvas is more, well, canvas-like (tighter weave, stiffer).

2 people like this.