1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

you are in NY right? i think you can email [email protected] and have ship items over.

2. eckblk

eckblk Distinguished Member

He's probably trying to avoid having them ship it (no vat removal/expensive shipping) and LEC will not always respond your email, especially if they don't know you.

@nyarkies- pm'ed my proxy for LEC

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

i emailed with Herold without knowing anyone there but ya customs i wouldn't want to deal with either

4. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Distinguished Member

It's pretty unfortunate that they don't deduct VAT and ship with UPS with possible further import fees [​IMG]. The upside is it makes the availability better for those who can visit in store.

5. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior Member

They were willing to refund the VAT after I receive the shipment but they want to receive payment through bank transfer. They also want a copy of my passport.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

thats is some BS... why a passport they aren't selling weapons or sensitive items to need to verify who you are

7. eckblk

eckblk Distinguished Member

What? I didn't get the same offer. Stores don't respect me :foo:

8. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior Member

Maybe your name doesn't sound French enough. Lol! I think the passport has something to do with the VAT refund. I asked if they can process credit card payment or put it on Farfetch instead since they are selling some stuff through them. I haven't heard back after that.

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

gotta get on that InterPol list

10. t3hg0suazn

I just returned the size 1 of these: http://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping...55.aspx?storeid=9422&from=1&ffref=lp_pic_2_2_

Individual Sentiments 100% ramie pants, Suus is only place stocking them.

They were a little too big for me (and super long as usual) but the material is really nice: drapes beautifully, crisp, slight sheen. The model definitely has the hem turned in, and they look much more comfy and lounge-y in person. I took some pics of the fabric but it's hard to capture the overall effect. They're cotton lined so not as airy/cool as you might expect.

The jacket in the matching material (also at Suus) must be amazing...

11. t3hg0suazn

ugh it's raining everyday. I need a raincoat/trenchcoat/parka thing. What do people use? Don't want tech fabric since I'd probably go Norwegian rain for that. BBS parka this season looks cool but I don't like the buttons.

12. coolron

coolron Senior Member

Crappy North Face shell if it's warm, Canada Goose if it's cold.

[​IMG]

Though I have a Norwegian Rain on the way to replace the Canada Goose.

13. t3hg0suazn

Canada goose is on par with vetements for me. I use a north face I got as a gift out of convenience sometimes but I really want to avoid notable branding.

14. psydle

psydle Distinguished Member

This is my raincoat. I mean, this is not me selling this one but this is about what I paid for mine from Jona's shop closing sale in '13.
    https://www.gr_iled.com/listings/392631-Inaisce-Drifter-coat

It isn't fully waterproof but mine was the sample worn in the Iceland shoots and I was assured that it stood up just fine against the constant waterfall mist there.

size II fits like a well tailored 46. Hems are raw so shortening sleeves or tails on it would be incredible simple.

correction - Mine has a slightly different hood with an incorporated visor bill flap in the front. Otherwise, the cut is the same.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016