• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are you in a quarter-life crisis?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I have to say, joining the board to troll certainly crossed my mind. Hell, no need to even troll. Can you imagine the reactions my usual middle-aged guy posts would get there?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I have to say, joining the board to troll certainly crossed my mind. Hell, no need to even troll. Can you imagine the reactions my usual middle-aged guy posts would get there?

What do you think half of the posters on here are doing?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Later on, I am going to drink heavily and troll that board.. My hands are just itching.

Sample topic titles from their main board:

"Divorcing Parents"
"All my friends are losers"
"Is anyone here happy?"
"Square peg in a round world"
facepalm.gif

"I'm too intimidated to go look for a job"
"I don't think I even know me anymore"
"Everyone is doing better than me"

facepalm.gif

Please do this, and then provide links for us either in this thread or in a new, dedicated threak in DT.
worship.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

+1

"get a job, you bums"

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Christ. If I could get a job, any of these clowns should be able to.

laugh.gif
This level of insight is impressive, Conne.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah but for different reasons. My job is good, there are several growth opportunities where I work, a raise is coming and there are a couple offers for various things I could pursue in the immediate future. I make enough money, would like more but who wouldn't. However, an honest assessment of my personal life shows very little is going well. There are certain parts of my life that I know if I don't fix ASAP I'll never get a chance to do later in life, or at least not easily. Not to sound like the QLC boards but I don't know what I could do to change what I need to.

Anyway flambeur please go troll.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Yeah but for different reasons. My job is good, there are several growth opportunities where I work, a raise is coming and there are a couple offers for various things I could pursue in the immediate future. I make enough money, would like more but who wouldn't. However, an honest assessment of my personal life shows very little is going well. There are certain parts of my life that I know if I don't fix ASAP I'll never get a chance to do later in life, or at least not easily. Not to sound like the QLC boards but I don't know what I could do to change what I need to. Anyway flambeur please go troll.
Social life is normal-bad or like conne-bad? Or...are you becoming the tagut?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Social life is normal-bad or like conne-bad? Or...are you becoming the tagut?
a mixture of the two. Can't really explain it (**** i feel like those QLC people). Just not many real friends, had something great going on then lost it. Kind of at this point I just don't care anymore I guess.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
a mixture of the two. Can't really explain it (**** i feel like those QLC people). Just not many real friends, had something great going on then lost it. Kind of at this point I just don't care anymore I guess.

What happened to your friends, bra?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
What happened to your friends, bra?

Perhaps they moved to other cities and he didn't want to move with them, which would require a screenname change. It's understandable.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh man... this forum is a downer. First threak I opened I read this winner: "I don't have any advice unfortunately, but I am exactly like you, except I don't have some friends, I have none, and don't know anybody besides my parents. I've thought about dying alone too. I've never dated, kissed, etc. either. I'm at the point where I'm completely ostracized from the outside world. People say do hobbies, etc. but I'm afraid of meeting people because they'll ask what I'm doing and find out I don't have a job, or existing hobbies, or even a personality/identity." http://www.quarterlifecrisis.com/for...50&postcount=6 if anything, this kinda makes me feel better for not being a complete dope. only a partial one

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads