• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are college athletics good or bad?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So in this case the variation is:

CajunFran: College athletics are stupid because [assumption]. What do you think SF.

SF: I think you are wrong and you need to research your assumption.

CajunFran: I disagree and you are ******** up my thread SF.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i still don't get what cajunfran means or is referencing.

and it's more like this:

me: since a tremendous majority of institutions lose money on athletics (among tons of other reason), i wonder if they should be scrapped from colleges all together and focus on putting money into the institution itself.

SF: some people understanding the hypothetical, most attacking straw men.

me: sigh, what a waste of time.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats not a hypothetical.

So basically you post what is basically a truism (spending money on things other than academics does not help academeics) and then you are upset/confused that people want to discuss whether spending money on things other than academics is good on the whole for a college. 5 star threak.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, i didn't post "spending money on things other than academics does not help academics". i posted "being in the red because of athletics hurts universities more than it helps. thoughts?"

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut
that's not really the issue guys lol. the issue is more dedicating a ton of money to somethign that doesn't matter instead of actually improving the academics -- which is the purpose of college. academia.

??

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's not the same as this: "(spending money on things other than academics does not help academeics)"

i never said that spending money on things other than academics hurts/doesn't help academics. i don't even think that spending money on athletics is bad for academics in EVERY circumstance. but in most circumstances, i think athletics cost more than what they're worth.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're saying things other than academics shouldn't matter. SF is saying they should. /thread

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For an aspiring lawyer, you have a terribly difficult time expressing exactly what you mean.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah to be honest i'll completely own up to that -- i never proofread my posts, i often post from a netbook or cell phone, and i don't even try to construct logical arguments on forums. i just hope whatever i typed out the first time works well enough. i definitely should put more effort into this ****, i just don't.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah...i'm pretty open about that. i know 100% that if i reread my posts i'm sure i could fix a ton of stuff that would make me seem less cocky, self assured, douchey etc.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah...i'm pretty open about that. i know 100% that if i reread my posts i'm sure i could fix a ton of stuff that would make me seem less cocky, self assured, douchey etc.

This is the most mature thing you've posted and it has really made this thread much less fun.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the better question is, do you guys?

you people infer alot of wild **** from my posts.

for example, i take everything with a grain of salt. positive advice, OR negative advice. i weigh it all. but, because i don't immediately agree with every one of your suggestions you think that i'm some stuck up punk who doesn't want to hear what you're saying?

come on guys. relax. it's an internet forum -- i take everything with a grain of salt. and i give the benefit of the doubt.

for you guys this is sport. you like to come here, sound witty, and toot your own horn. i couldn't give a **** about that stuff, man. i come here, post for 30 seconds, read what you say, and jet.

Honest advice: if many people tell you that you come off a certain way, there is probably a very good reason for that, and not because people misunderstand your posts.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

me: sigh, what a waste of time.

He got this part correct, give him some credit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads