• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apple f***ing sucks

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
whether on uses a mac or pc that is a possibel debate, but who uses uses itunes to buy music? the limits they put upon it are stupid, you are suffering oen the many problems that i tunes has in terms of sales. the russinas sites offer better produst for a much better price, are alot cheaper and do not have any of the bugs. the mp3 is your without any conditions.

Sarkozy is threatening to crack-down on French people downloading pirate Russian media content:

http://www.physorg.com/news162128678.html

Brian SD

Reaction score
God damn can we have one thread related to Apple computers that doesn't become an unreadable **** heap in 5 posts?

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
still expensive though compared to the competition and the competition you do not need ot hack. only use a throw away credit card.

Yes, I agree and mentioned this in my "Sales Pitch"

There are always better value products if you search around for products competing in the same area. Apple products certainly are never the "best value" but it`s not like they are always the most expensive in comparison to the alternatives either.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'm surprised by Douglas' post. I switched (at home only) to an iMac four or five years ago. This G5 machine has worked beautifully for me. The local Genius Bar service has been superb as well. Phone support when I upgraded the various OSs has also been terrific. I have only had an A+ experience all around with Apple.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, Apple's phone care has been extremely courteous, conversational and knowledgeable the two times I've called them. So much so that I'll make a point of telling people, because it's really quite nice.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Hm, Apple's phone care has been extremely courteous, conversational and knowledgeable the two times I've called them. So much so that I'll make a point of telling people, because it's really quite nice.

I have done a fair bit of (freelance and staff) writing work for Apple's support section over the past few years, so got a good insider's peek at how they work.

Telephone support staff tend to be very good in their field. Genious Bar staff are excellent generalists, but often not up-to-date by the day with the latest issues in particular applications.

Chat support has now got the more experienced of the California and Texas support staff, while email support (with a few exceptions like iPhoto and MobileMe) tends to be staffed by contractors with less experience. A friend managing in iTS support did say that the agents are now handling 3 chats at a time, which is screwing-up their work quality.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
500601466_10b83c50e0.jpg

I always thought they all gathered at Starbucks to use the wifi because they blew all their money on buying the computer.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
WTF?

They are usually Indian. Since when did you get a Canadian?

Only once, the other time I called I got a blatantly-indian fellow by the name of Sean (uh huh).

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Only once, the other time I called I got a blatantly-indian fellow by the name of Sean (uh huh).
Around Christmas, extra support staff are put-on at remote sites (Ohio to India). For the most part, though, they are based in Texas, California and Canada. There are also support centers in Australia, Japan and Ireland - but these are for home regions only.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Well you kinda do...like now...
So, Mr. reading comprehension. Please point out to me in this thread exactly where I'm discussing a computer other than a Mac based on my personal experience. I have been discussing annoying PEOPLE, like yourself, since page one, so there's a clue. On page one, I asked whether he was going to trade it in or try to use it. O-THE-HORROR!
and like in millions of other threads related to Mac. I don`t think there is anything wrong with that, just saying it`s the same thing...just sharing your computer experience, in a computer experience related thread.
I bring specifics about my personal experience into a discussion when asked or addressed about it. Not before. You should take more time to read. I have not done so in this thread, nor will I.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
What a joke. I thought this was supposed to be a pleasant experience but this f***ing computer is a *************, there is nobody to help, it crashes, my iTunes account (which worked fine before) suddenly is no longer valid, none of my prior purchases are recognized, and the whole experience is like dealing with the MVA. Mac sucks, don't buy into their ****. They're as bad as MS. Worse when you consider the attitudes. And Tokyo Slim, if you chime in with any "I told you so" **** I am going to fly out to Seattle and bash your head in with this ******* computer.
Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully you can either get it worked out or get a different computer. It seems to be pretty rare but I guess it happens. I've had my iMac for about 8 years with absolutely no problems. I'm afraid to get another one for just the reasons you state here, but for the most part they seem to be bullet proof. I've NEVER had a problem with mine (outside of dueling programs) but computers are computers I guess... According to Consumer Reports (I'm not a computer expert so I use this as a referral) Apple (and their customer service) and HP, Gateway, Dell seem to be at the top of the current list of ratings so maybe you just got a crappy model.
confused.gif
Good luck.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I'm surprised by Douglas' post. I switched (at home only) to an iMac four or five years ago. This G5 machine has worked beautifully for me. The local Genius Bar service has been superb as well. Phone support when I upgraded the various OSs has also been terrific. I have only had an A+ experience all around with Apple.

+1, superior product in my book.

But I can't comment on the service, I've never had to bring an Apple product in for repair.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slim, did someone beat you with a Mac when you were a kid? Was your first GF a Mac and did she break your heart?
We get it, you REALLY hate Macs. But why the hell is it worth getting so worked up over? Plus you PC users make up something like 90% of all computer users so its not like you're a suffering minority.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Slim, did someone beat you with a Mac when you were a kid? Was your first GF a Mac and did she break your heart? We get it, you REALLY hate Macs. But why the hell is it worth getting so worked up over? Plus you PC users make up something like 90% of all computer users so its not like you're a suffering minority.
I don't like religious cultists for the same reasons that I don't like vocal, fervent Mac users. They have no objective reasoning ability. They are pushy, and they refuse to acknowledge that the "solution" for them is one that not everyone cares for. I didn't start this ****, Dragon came in here spewing Apple BS all over the place and I don't like to take it. Three separate people called him out on it. We get it, too, you guys love your computers. Quit talking about it! If this was a thread about how the OP had just purchased an HP, Dell, Alienware, or whatever and was having trouble with it - Dragon would have posted the exact same thing that he did in this thread because it has NOTHING TO DO with his 'experiences', its the mentality of the Apple user, to beat everyone to a pulp with the corporate slogan. You don't see anyone coming out of the woodwork to defend any other computer when someone has a bad experience, especially not with "feel good" platitudes, and vague assurances. We know you fundies want your little family to grow, but do your recruiting somewhere else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads