• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone tried Bonobos.com?

shasta

Reaction score
Just bought my 12th pair today! And now, they are moving away from the boot cut fit which I know will sit well with many on this forum.

If you're looking to try them out - basically it's a risk free proposition - shipping is free both ways and returns are accepted at any time - even if you've worn, altered, or even washed them.

PM me and I can get you a handsome discount on your first order if you're interested.

I just want to see these guys succeed - met the co-founder in person at a trunk show, and I'm sold on these guys!

Duchemin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trailer36
yes, my friend tells me the polos will be out soon so keep a look out. I am going up to visit him this weekend and hope to try on the swim trunks and see if i like them. with him doing the designing, i feel like good things will be coming as the company expands. He is very on touch with what their demographic wants in their clothing. Classic clothing with an updated fit. Hence the swim trunks that dont have an elastic band at the top so they billow out.

The polos are out now. I received my early bird package on Monday, I ordered all six colours. The quality is absolutely fantastic: very soft pima cotton, excellent work, nice slim fit, but not too slim. And for me above all: No stupid label on the chest! Just a small B on the placket either in the same colour as the shirt or in a contrast colour. Up to you, I chose fitting colour of course. The price is absolutely amazing. USD 69 or only 40 if you take 6 at a time. When I compare the quality/price with my Lacostes I will never ever buy a Lacoste shirt again. Their quality is mediocre and the price is ridiculous.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like how their website contradicts the entire accumulated knowledge of the twentieth century by claiming that no man should wear pleated or tapered-leg trousers. Good thing the Prince of Wales never read Bonobos.com

hth2002

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
Just bought my 12th pair today! And now, they are moving away from the boot cut fit which I know will sit well with many on this forum. If you're looking to try them out - basically it's a risk free proposition - shipping is free both ways and returns are accepted at any time - even if you've worn, altered, or even washed them. PM me and I can get you a handsome discount on your first order if you're interested. I just want to see these guys succeed - met the co-founder in person at a trunk show, and I'm sold on these guys!
I am definitely happy about their move away from boot cut pants. It's unprofessional to wear them at a conservative office I like the thigh taper and the straight leg cut. The pants drape over 1/4 to 1/3 of the shoe. I don't like the extreme taper of some slim fit pants. They don't break properly and show too much shoe. Sometimes, the taper will even show your socks or ankles.
thombrowne.jpg

HHS

Reaction score
I have a few pairs - cords in a few colors, and a couple of wools in grey and brown. Their light cords are really light, which is nice for DC warmer days. I've been quite happy with the fit and quality, and their customer service is pretty amazing.

thax

Reaction score
had my eye on their pants for a while and am ordering my first pair. will report soon

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylemaven
lots of new posters in this thread ... ¿
spam[1].gif
?

For sure. Who would ever feel comfortable saying their pants are from Bozos? Hopefully they didn't pay some ad firm big bucks to come up with that FAIL name.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i feel perfectly comfortable saying i have a bunch of pants from them that are great. The straight legs fit very well

thsmthcrmnl

Reaction score
I have a pair of their straight-leg wool trousers and the outseam started coming undone at the pocket after wearing them maybe 7 or 8 times.

Lovellum

Reaction score
Excuse the newbie question, but for those who say that the pants fit well at the waist but balloon out at the leg, couldn't you just get a tailor to slim them out? I was under the impression that a competent tailor could fix something like that.

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hth2002
I am definitely happy about their move away from boot cut pants. It's unprofessional to wear them at a conservative office

I like the thigh taper and the straight leg cut. The pants drape over 1/4 to 1/3 of the shoe. I don't like the extreme taper of some slim fit pants. They don't break properly and show too much shoe. Sometimes, the taper will even show your socks or ankles.

thombrowne.jpg

Thome Browne suits are professional?? As a lawyer, I'd be thrown out of court or severely shamed for wearing such suits. I'm still trying to grasp the applicabitlity of TB outside the runway setting....simply ridiculous.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpresq
Thome Browne suits are professional?? As a lawyer, I'd be thrown out of court or severely shamed for wearing such suits. I'm still trying to grasp the applicabitlity of TB outside the runway setting....simply ridiculous.

+10,000
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads