• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone tried Bonobos.com?

unatratnag

Reaction score
They're great pants. I have the cords, khakis, and wool. They all have that signature fit. I personally am a big fan of the pocket flair. They offer both now and with free shipping and returns it's hard to compare. I also like the longer inseam so I can take it to my tailor.

Originally Posted by Tck13
Thought about trying a pair of these. Any discount suggestions?

Yeah, any member can give you a discount of 50 off your first order over 100 bucks. Here's my code. Once you are at checkout, once it's over 100 you'll see an "referral code" section. It'll be filled out and you can just click apply. Hope you enjoy!

http://bit.ly/9OWcvf

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
this thread is 100%
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

Reaction score
I have two pairs and they are both good quality. Service is excellent. Their prices are too high.

I actually just returned some cords. I found the "azure" color was not for me in practice. I have had them for about 5 months and have worn and washed half a dozen times. Their return policy is: "any pant, any time, for any reason," and they live up to it. I'm getting $105 back - cash, not store credit. That's a pretty good return policy if you ask me.

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
I agree that the prices seem ridiculous. But if you stack coupons, you can get some great deals. Additionally, their customer service should be a model for most similar internet retailers. I called up yesterday to ask a sport coat sizing question. 1) I immediately get a live person who clearly lived in America (and had a personality)- no wait, no answering machine. 2) they didn't have the size I wanted in stock on the website. He said: "hold on a minute, I'm going to go look through our recent returns and see if I can find anything." He came back with a success story. 3) I asked if he could measure it. He grabbed the some tape and took measurements. He actually knew exactly what measurements most people were looking for (clearly he's done this before). They call their service reps "ninja's", which likely reflects that they understand that customers want a versatile, painless shopping experience, dealing with a single empowered representative.

On top of that, they've got free shipping and free returns. Even without the coupons, the service definitely justifies a higher cost. I know certain members of SF bash the fit of the pants, but with their service model, it's hard not to want to do business with these guys.

tgod93

Reaction score
amazing clothing, amazing customer service, and always have coupons for discount so prices are worth it. The quality of the clothing is great and they always fit.

Ultimately, for these prices, there are very few brands that can compete with Bonobos's quality and fit.

Free shipping and returns on all orders as well.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 3 pair of lightweight pants meant for casual summer travel.
2 of the pairs were made in china, 1 in egypt = potential sizing discrepancy:

and i was right:
-1" of circumference difference from the knee down to the ankle
-even the 2 chinese pants were slightly different in length and width

fit: obviously a personal thing. i went with 30x32 as a 5'10 155# bicyclist (bottom-heavy). 1 pair was SW&D/girljean-tight. 1 was okay. bonobos doesnt have a magic formula, boys. (technically theres no such thing). all your pants should already have a "curved waistband", or they'll shape that way. these arent any different from any number of other brands marked 'standard fit'.

on a technical level--stitch, construction, etc--theres nothing distinguishing it.

your free shipping and return is built into the price. dont fool yourselves. you can get these for 30$ at h&m, 40$ at llbean, 50$ at gap, 80$ at jcrew.

what i do like is the good selection of fabrics and colors. makes shopping very quick for the particular shopper.
ill be returning 2 pairs due to fit.

Last edited:

themodestman

Reaction score
I totally agree with one of the previous posters about the baggy fit of Bonobos pants. I tried the slimmest available chinos and bull denim, and they were both way too baggy. Not anything like the pics. Of course, I'm 5'6", not a 6' plus model. But still, the whole selling point is the fit.

But, yeah, the customer service is amazing. Returns are a breeze. I almost took store credit 'cause I need swim trunks...but $60+ for trunks? Come on...

-B

BowTie

Reaction score
I actually really like their pants/denim. It fits extremely well, with just enough stretch so when you squat or sit....it's not tight or uncomfortable/fear of ripping. The prices aren't too bad given the customer service (tried on and returned multiple items for size).

Like other people have mentioned, best part is the coupons. 60+ isn't unreasonable if you can get 2 for $120 (then use a $50 off coupon, comes to $70 total and $35/each). In the past, you could purchase a Gilt coupon for something like $50 for $100 store credit and then stack another 15-20% off coupon.

I just used coupon code BRP362CLX today for their $50 off $100 promotion so can't complain.

sickstyle15

Reaction score
I actually really like their pants/denim. It fits extremely well, with just enough stretch so when you squat or sit....it's not tight or uncomfortable/fear of ripping. The prices aren't too bad given the customer service (tried on and returned multiple items for size).

Like other people have mentioned, best part is the coupons. 60+ isn't unreasonable if you can get 2 for $120 (then use a $50 off coupon, comes to $70 total and $35/each). In the past, you could purchase a Gilt coupon for something like $50 for $100 store credit and then stack another 15-20% off coupon.

I just used coupon code BRP362CLX today for their $50 off $100 promotion so can't complain.
Is that code still valid? Also where'd you find it?

JeremyJordan

Reaction score
Does anyone know how their slim straight pants compare to other pant brands, such as the Levi's 511?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads