• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_4386.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4386.jpeg
    IMG_4386.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 19

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever even come across a Glen Garioch before.

Edradour is I think at the very top of my list for surprise finds. I bought their standard 10 as a complete throwaway (it roughly rounded out the dollar amount I was trying not to overshoot), and it is just gorgeous.

As an aside, not (technically) the place, but please drop any go to Japanese whiskey recs on me. Buddy is honeymooning to the land of the rising sun, and asking for recs...and I know very little about the Japanese juice. My experiences have been between meh (reasonably priced) and amazing (albeit insanely priced), with virtually no in between.

That’s what did it for me also, it was recommended a few years back (the basic 10 year old, $50) and it blew me away. I’ve since bought 7 or 8 of their special releases and they are just so damn consistently good.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried Diageo’s Singleton 2023 SA Release? It’s quasi-intriguing, and reviews seem halfway decent. But, not cheap, and have zero experience with the distillery.

FWIW, Diageo distaste aside, I've enjoyed the trio of their SA '23 releases I have currently, to varying extents. Clynelish is just gorgeous, and the Roseisle nose is a delight. Talisker's is the worst of the bunch, but perfectly fine if you ignore the cost/worth trying.

ALSO, thoughts on the Glenmorangie 14 in port cask finish? The ABV makes me think there may be something of interest there.

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Has anybody tried Diageo’s Singleton 2023 SA Release? It’s quasi-intriguing, and reviews seem halfway decent. But, not cheap, and have zero experience with the distillery.

FWIW, Diageo distaste aside, I've enjoyed the trio of their SA '23 releases I have currently, to varying extents. Clynelish is just gorgeous, and the Roseisle nose is a delight. Talisker's is the worst of the bunch, but perfectly fine if you ignore the cost/worth trying.

ALSO, thoughts on the Glenmorangie 14 in port cask finish? The ABV makes me think there may be something of interest there.
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is solid. I will die on this hill that the previous 12yo version in the black bottling was better than the current 14yo version but between the flavor, proof, and price point it's a very solid option.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this. It’s..fine? Definitely prefer Speyside with a heavier Sherry influence. Just kinda comes off as a weak Islay approximation.
78C176CF-F4E1-441A-9962-3408A321956A.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads