• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

brp2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Potstill in Vienna is an amazing shop. Picked up a couple exclusive bottles there but probably not as many as I should've. After browsing around forever and thinking I knew what I wanted, I finally wised up and asked the shopkeeper what he liked. He poured me a Wilson and Morgan Barrel Selection Westport, 18 years old and cask strength. It's a tablespooned Glenmorangie, and it's fantastic. When I remarked something to that effect, his response was "I don't drink ****."

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boy this thread has really died. Anyway, took a chance at another Tomatin and it turned out to be great. I wasn't real keen on the Oloroso Sherry aged stuff, but this is a different animal. The bourbon/sherry aging gives it a great fruitiness and excellent body. This tastes well beyond the 12 years stated. And the price is excellent.
IMG_3435.JPG

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another good find at Total Wine. I'm not exactly sure the price, but I'm pretty sure it was under $50. This is another fruity Highlander. Pretty good deal for cask strength juice with pretty complex flavors at only 5 years old. Lots of banana, stewed fruits, and vanilla. No smoke/peat in this. Also, my first Royal Brackla. Recommended.
IMG_3447.JPG

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another good find at Total Wine. I'm not exactly sure the price, but I'm pretty sure it was under $50. This is another fruity Highlander. Pretty good deal for cask strength juice with pretty complex flavors at only 5 years old. Lots of banana, stewed fruits, and vanilla. No smoke/peat in this. Also, my first Royal Brackla. Recommended. View attachment 860753

Will have to try, always looking for a good CS malt.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very good, but technically a rice whisky.
In other news, I got a couple bottles of the new Macallan Classic Cut. It is supposed to be just like the old Cask Strength Macallan, which was like Glenfarclas 105 on steriods. Supposed to be good. Will report back my findings later.
IMG_3591.jpg

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just getting back to Macallan recently and decided to grab a bottle of the Double Cask 12. Haven't tried it yet.
The Classic Cut sounds good as well and I'd be interested to compare.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hey guys can i ask a bourbon question here? if not point me to a batter place, but whats the best bourbon for manhattans lets say $40 range? I don't want to spend too much as i plan to use it for mix drinks.

I tend to go for Rittenhouse or Sazerac for a rye manhattan, which is my default version.

I've been using Maker's Mark when I go to bourbon, it's got a pretty sweet profile which gives it a contrast to my usual rye. Buffalo Trace is also solid, as is Evan Williams Single Barrel although that's gone up in price quite a bit recently.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The rye or the bourbon?

I got a bottle of Woodford Reserve bourbon for Christmas after not having any for awhile. I was surprised about how much I liked it for mixing, nothing had really stuck to my mind about it. It's good but undifferentiated.

Can't remember ever having the rye.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The rye or the bourbon?

I got a bottle of Woodford Reserve bourbon for Christmas after not having any for awhile. I was surprised about how much I liked it for mixing, nothing had really stuck to my mind about it. It's good but undifferentiated.

Can't remember ever having the rye.

both i guess

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads