Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any One for a Scotch?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by French Cuff Consignment, Dec 14, 2006.

1. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Wow this was great. I don't know how I've missed Balblair, but this stuff is excellent. A little weird on the nose, but it tastes like someone stuck a bunch of fruits into a barrel of A'bunadh. Real interesting. Yet again, I need to try more Highlands stuff.

IMG_3287.jpg

2. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Potstill in Vienna is an amazing shop. Picked up a couple exclusive bottles there but probably not as many as I should've. After browsing around forever and thinking I knew what I wanted, I finally wised up and asked the shopkeeper what he liked. He poured me a Wilson and Morgan Barrel Selection Westport, 18 years old and cask strength. It's a tablespooned Glenmorangie, and it's fantastic. When I remarked something to that effect, his response was "I don't drink shit."

3. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Boy this thread has really died. Anyway, took a chance at another Tomatin and it turned out to be great. I wasn't real keen on the Oloroso Sherry aged stuff, but this is a different animal. The bourbon/sherry aging gives it a great fruitiness and excellent body. This tastes well beyond the 12 years stated. And the price is excellent.
    IMG_3435.JPG

4. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

Another good find at Total Wine. I'm not exactly sure the price, but I'm pretty sure it was under $50. This is another fruity Highlander. Pretty good deal for cask strength juice with pretty complex flavors at only 5 years old. Lots of banana, stewed fruits, and vanilla. No smoke/peat in this. Also, my first Royal Brackla. Recommended. IMG_3447.JPG

5. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Will have to try, always looking for a good CS malt.

6. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

I just checked price. Locally, it was $44. Its not “must have” but definitely worth a try. Great for daily drinking.