• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any members with real pics of a person in a Tom Ford

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You exercise a peculiar form of charity. - B
Well if I gave them money, they would just spend it on more clothes. Better to at least give them a decent meal. BTW, the another couple was in cowboy boots. The one wearing skintight butterscotch leather pants had custom alligator boots with his initials embossed on the shank. His boyfriend's boots had some sort of weirdly layered stacked sole with an upturned point. I had been downstairs waiting for the third couple to arrive and when I walked in the door my daughter stage-whispered to me - "See, I told you gay people are really into fashion. Look at their pointy shoes."

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Well if I gave them money, they would just spend it on more clothes. Better to at least give them a decent meal.

BTW, the another couple was in cowboy boots. The one wearing skintight butterscotch leather pants had custom alligator boots with his initials embossed on the shank. His boyfriend's boots had some sort of weirdly layered stacked sole with an upturned point.

I had been downstairs waiting for the third couple to arrive and when I walked in the door my daughter stage-whispered to me - "See, I told you gay people are really into fashion. Look at their pointy shoes."

This is what happens when South Pacific and West Side Story are both in revival.

- B

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Thom Browne = male Vivienne Westwood?

taking some hems up a couple of inches can hardly be compared to what auntie viv does.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Well if I gave them money, they would just spend it on more clothes. Better to at least give them a decent meal.

BTW, the another couple was in cowboy boots. The one wearing skintight butterscotch leather pants had custom alligator boots with his initials embossed on the shank. His boyfriend's boots had some sort of weirdly layered stacked sole with an upturned point.

I had been downstairs waiting for the third couple to arrive and when I walked in the door my daughter stage-whispered to me - "See, I told you gay people are really into fashion. Look at their pointy shoes."

You finally accepted SoCal's invitation?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Socal was trying on some skirts at barneys today. Went very well with his combat boots.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that the Thom Browne haters are reacting to the actual clothes, while the Tom Ford haters are responding to Tom Ford/the TF 'image' as portrayed by his ad campaigns/the fact that it's popular in Hollywood?

That may be true, but at least the clothing is interesting. Tom Ford is dull and ugly, and really kind of obnoxious, so it doesn't have a ton going for it. Browne can look good, if you like it, and the idea is pretty cool.

Thom Browne = male Vivienne Westwood?

That is pretty serious company. I don't think you get there after just a couple of years.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't see that as being a big problem, have it hemmed it the way you want will do the trick if that's the only thing bothers you.

Edit: sorry, was meant to reply to "LVoer" instead...

Originally Posted by oaw01
Well, TF seems to like boot cut type of pants. Look at his heels - they're at least 1.5 inches. I like the look however I'm realistic and know it will not work on me. Hell, I tried on a Armani jacket similiar to the TF wide peak lapels and it's a no go on me.

tf2_2.jpg

http://creoleindc.typepad.com/.share...8/04/08/tf.jpg

jyook

Reaction score
I can't find any pics nowadays but I thought the late 90's Gucci stuff that Ford did looked killer...

Does anybody have a pic of that?

Diggz

Reaction score
This is the only decent picture I have from my birthday outing recently. I don't really wear it out much.

I picked up this Gucci/Tom Ford suit last year on the bay for about $400.

I love the suit, fantastic details, but I would never pay retail TF prices for it. For under $500 it was worth every penny.

guccitf.jpg

contaygious

Reaction score
One thing I didn't realize until I saw TF in person today was how big the pocket are. The ticker pocket was bigger than my regular flap pocket!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads