• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Goodyear welted Chukkas?

radio3

Reaction score
I don’t like Thursday boots leather quality, personally. At the moment, Meermin’s got some unstructured chukkas that look pretty nice and should be very comfortable.

skeptastic

Reaction score
I don’t like Thursday boots leather quality, personally. At the moment, Meermin’s got some unstructured chukkas that look pretty nice and should be very comfortable.

I've gone back and forth on whether to try Thursday out, simply because of the price point, but keep reading about leather quality issues. I want to like the look of suede chukkas, but just don't. Meermin has some decent-looking leather chukkas, but only in an extremely dark brown and a very light color. So far, AE's leather Williamsburg in coffee attracts me most, but they want $455 before adding a rubber sole. Gonna have to wait for them to hit the shoe bank, if they ever do, haha!

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Allen Edmonds at full price is not worth it. It's carmina's price. It's not a surprise that AE shoes always go on sale on their website. They price their shoes very high so that they can do sale all the time (#marketing). 455 + rubber + tax ... You could have done a Carmina's MTO this weekend (with the MTO waiver) with the exact leather color you want, your choice of sole and last.

skeptastic

Reaction score
Allen Edmonds at full price is not worth it. It's carmina's price. It's not a surprise that AE shoes always go on sale on their website. They price their shoes very high so that they can do sale all the time (#marketing). 455 + rubber + tax ... You could have done a Carmina's MTO this weekend (with the MTO waiver) with the exact leather color you want, your choice of sole and last.

Oh, indeed. I would never buy AE at that price. My last AE purchase was back in 2014, from the shoe bank, as always. I wouldn't buy a chukka at that price from anyone, honestly. I don't like the design enough, but really want an all-year shoe that isn't a sneaker, and like the design enough to grab a pair if the price is decent, quality is solid, and I like the aesthetics. I see a ton of quality chukkas out they're, but they're typically $370+, too dark or light brown, or a shape that I don't consider to be versatile. The ones I've liked the appearance of and are in the $200 range are from companies which reportedly have substandard quality (Grenson G2, Thursday Boots).

I don't want a chukka badly enough to warrant overpaying, buying poor craftsmanship, or settling on a quality design that doesn't please my eye. Hopefully, the Williamsburg hits the shoe bank sometime in the future. Until then, I'll be moving on to different styles. I've looked at so many chukka boots that I can't take it any more, haha!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads