• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, here are the pictures of the Bocache & Salvucci loafers.
20200215_003628.jpg
20200215_003728.jpg
20200215_003705.jpg
20200215_003832.jpg
20200215_003752.jpg

demian

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes, post: 10073595, membro: 278522"]
Come accennato, ecco le foto dei mocassini Bocache & Salvucci.
View attachment 1337318 View attachment 1337319 View attachment 1337320 View attachment 1337321 View attachment 1337317
[/CITAZIONE]
Dear Thank you for posting ,nice color.

Sorry for asking ,are these made in Blake -Mac key stiching?
I remember that this maker usually offer mac-key stiching, instead of welted or good year stiching.
How much you paid for these? :blush: ?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Cordovan wholecut chelsea - similar to seamless oxford - is just a beautiful non-utile item for people who don’t need shoes.

Meaning: art ?

On a more serious note, wholecut chelsea is regularly offered only by a handful of makers (e.g. RM Williams, Gaziano & Girling, JM Weston, Paolo Scafora and Justin FitzPatrick) and a lot of big names actually stick to the non-wholecut design (e.g. Edward Green, John Lobb, Berluti, Saint Crispin’s) in their regular offerings. If one wants a sleek wholecut chelsea with interesting colour, the options are tragically limited.

The easy way to convince AM to do it would be a successful GMTO - although this tends to require an awful lot of coordination to become successful.

Update from Antonio:
- lasting of shiny pickup truck/ cordovan wholecut chelsea done

7D430C26-597B-43D0-9899-F1B4A2EE6218.jpeg 0CB7D3DF-2BC8-4E74-AD1C-C2CC2155BF6C.jpeg 3240B840-5FAF-4667-8CAC-A12176A6B050.jpeg

Everything had to be wet, so it will take a few days he can proceed to the next step...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes, post: 10073595, membro: 278522"]
Come accennato, ecco le foto dei mocassini Bocache & Salvucci.
View attachment 1337318 View attachment 1337319 View attachment 1337320 View attachment 1337321 View attachment 1337317
[/CITAZIONE]

Dear Thank you for posting ,nice color.

Sorry for asking ,are these made in Blake -Mac key stiching?
I remember that this maker usually offer mac-key stiching, instead of welted or good year stiching.
How much you paid for these? :blush: ?

For loafers they typically always offer, pretty insistent on it actually haha, a Blake stitch. Their insistence stems in that they claim a more flexible & comfortable shoe, which makes sense because you would want those qualities in a loafer.

In this case I am sacrificing a bit of comfort, so these are handwelted.

Price was $2200.

how do you like them that’s definitely a lot more “Italian” tassel for lack of better world than the AM suede ones (which seem a lot closer to Alden/CJ kind of design).

Haha they offer a more conventional tassel stance, but I actually wanted to push the boundaries on these. Since I went the alligator route, I figured that this stance may raise up the pizzazz quotient. My last few pairs of loafers have been more "Italian" .
The Enzo Bonafe loafers in green may take the title though from these in that regard haha.

Their oxfords and derbies tend to be more toned down. Boring I would even say compared to the likes of Bestetti, early Meccariello, Bontoni, Scafora, etc et. Most comfortable shoes I own though. Break in is like next day (wear). Hopefully I don't suffer too much with breaking these suckers in, and going against Gian Lucas' suggestion.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update from Antonio:
- lasting of shiny pickup truck/ cordovan wholecut chelsea done

View attachment 1337368 View attachment 1337369 View attachment 1337370

Everything had to be wet, so it will take a few days he can proceed to the next step...

man I’m waiting for you to b*tch and moan about maintain that shining truck, joking aside, I’m sure it will come amazing, curious how uniform can AM maintain color on Cordovan (it’s whole cut so got to be very uniform?)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never seen Bestetti in the wild, I liked what I saw in Paolo Scarfora though looks like Skoat is not carrying them anymore (at least no stock).

Incidentally some of the more expensive new made in italy (~$1k) Paul Stuart shoes looks kind like Paolo Scarfora but can’t be sure.

I don’t have experience with Stefano Bemer post his passing (no bespoke from him, just happen to pass by his shop in Florence when I was walking around with then girlfriend now wife).

I always like Bontoni’s finishing but not sure how they stood over time. AM’s finishing stays on very well for the 3 years I own them.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never seen Bestetti in the wild, I liked what I saw in Paolo Scarfora though looks like Skoat is not carrying them anymore (at least no stock).

Incidentally some of the more expensive new made in italy (~$1k) Paul Stuart shoes looks kind like Paolo Scarfora but can’t be sure.

I don’t have experience with Stefano Bemer post his passing (no bespoke from him, just happen to pass by his shop in Florence when I was walking around with then girlfriend now wife).

I always like Bontoni’s finishing but not sure how they stood over time. AM’s finishing stays on very well for the 3 years I own them.

I used to own a pair of Bestetti shoes (shoes made after his passing sadly). They were a bit too ostentatious so I sold them. The toe box was way too low for my liking so I sold them online a few years back.

Paolo Scafora are just great. I own three pairs. They are really comfortable out of the box. Sad you could not pick up a pair from Skoaktiebolaget when they had them on sale. They do run longer than most, and when you size down, a bit narrow. I think MTM would be ideal going the Oxford route. I have a pair of Mink suede chukkas which are probably my favorite pair to wear.

Had not looked into Paul Stuart's offerings but interesting then who makes them.

Unfortunately, I never purchased Bemer's shoes when he was alive. Saying that, I do own several of their shoes after his passing. I would say the style employed by the company is between English and French.

Funny you mentioned passing by the store, because I discovered the store only after going to the leather school in Florence. Amazingly beautiful place and the leather is fantastic there. Should you find yourself in that part of Florence again, I could not recommend the school enough.

Speaking of passing stores, Roberto Ugolini has his store in a very hidden square in Florence. I commissioned some shoes from him, but had not had a chance for my fitting. We are since working on trial shoes haha.

Bontoni make such a beautiful pair of shoes, but I can't imagine getting much use from those shoes. Just a bit toooo much for my tastes, which is why incidently I like Bocache & Salvucci and Paolo Scafora. They are unmistakenly Italian but just a notch quieter than Bontoni.

AM a touch lower than that which is why I like his style best. His shoes are extremely stylish without being overtly loud. Factor in a great price and that translates into me owning more of his shoes than any other maker I have.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads