• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
I’m sure YK is awesome but I just can’t stomach RTW shoe at $2k for same reason I can’t stomach RTW suit at $6k...

I didn’t get a good fit out of GG (or any of the “aggressive” English maker where the toebox is too tight), and up in width was stupid pricing probably, definitely one of the big reason cause me to try AM in the first place
This is the point I had been trying to make to BomBrady. People turn to AM shoes due to the perceived value he offers. A well crafted shoe for an excellent price. In most cases, it is the GYW shoe and in other cases his HW Argentum.

If an individual was willing to fork over $2k+ for a pair of YK shoes, I am sure if they wanted to try AM as a maker and spend that sort of money, they would either go the Aurum or Bespoke route.

StC's (who most see my name attached to amongst many makers haha) offers truly exceptional value for a MTO at almost $1000 less. Is that YK RTW that much better?

@clee1982 you mentioned that that YK shoe is bespoke standard. Probably is, but at this price point most of the makers like StC, Stefano Bemer, Clematis Ginza, AM Aurum, Yanagimachi MTO, Materna, Ramon Cuberta, Saskia Wittmer, Bolero (Off the top of my head) can offer the same or better.

I would have thought the pricing of YKs shoes would be in the realm of GG/EG/JL. I guess they assume the construction and namesake justifies the higher price tag.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
YK is not that much more expensive than GG deco? and YK is HW I suppose that alone would count as something, also YK's last is about as "aggressive" but still fluid as I have seen

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
I have not looked into GGs prices recently, so no idea. YK makes a beautiful shoe make no mistake. I rather at least MTM from him. Bespoke is like a 2/2.5 year wait if I recall correctly.

Speaking of shoes, I would love some sort of gray grained derby of some kind. Perhaps make that my first MTO from AM 👍. I better do my homework for sizing instead of disregarding it haha.

I think we (@clee1982) wear the same size. What size do you wear in one of those round lasts?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
I'll make you a proposition then so we both can try out the rounded last.

You foot the bill for the shoe. Anyone you want. I'll take care of your shipping costs. You allow me to take it for a spin for a few weeks. I'll let you know what I think, and give it back to you. If it doesn't work for you, we chalk it up as part of the learning experience. 😎

Actually that would be rather interesting if a group of people wore the same size and bought a "test" shoe to use as a sizing reference. Split the costs amongst that group and bought several lasts. Then turn around and sell the shoe(s) on Ebay (or similar marketplace) or just kept the shoe(s) altogether.

Last edited:

BomTrady

Reaction score
This is the point I had been trying to make to BomBrady. People turn to AM shoes due to the perceived value he offers. A well crafted shoe for an excellent price. In most cases, it is the GYW shoe and in other cases his HW Argentum.

If an individual was willing to fork over $2k+ for a pair of YK shoes, I am sure if they wanted to try AM as a maker and spend that sort of money, they would either go the Aurum or Bespoke route.

StC's (who most see my name attached to amongst many makers haha) offers truly exceptional value for a MTO at almost $1000 less. Is that YK RTW that much better?

@clee1982 you mentioned that that YK shoe is bespoke standard. Probably is, but at this price point most of the makers like StC, Stefano Bemer, Clematis Ginza, AM Aurum, Yanagimachi MTO, Materna, Ramon Cuberta, Saskia Wittmer, Bolero (Off the top of my head) can offer the same or better.

I would have thought the pricing of YKs shoes would be in the realm of GG/EG/JL. I guess they assume the construction and namesake justifies the higher price tag.
i see your point...and no one can reasonably deny that for the price, AM produces highly exceptional footware. However, we shouldn’t assume that everyone is a price conscious purchaser. If you are not, AM’s competitive pricing is meaningless and you are simply buying the shoe because you like it. And then you have a totally different fcalculus, buying GG, EG, Bemer Trad Collection, YF, Spigola, et. al. without regard to price. And, personally, while I have accumulated a fair amount of bespoke pieces, I like many other gentlemen, am lucky enough to have a super east fit foot despite being an avid runner and having played sports for many years - no fallen arches, planter fasciitis, corns, bunions, hammer toes, spurs, etc. I’ve never had a breaking in period for any shoe I‘ve ever purchased. Suzuki-San told me I had the foot shoemakers use as a model (8/8.5UK). That’s luck for which I am grateful. I am also (knock wood) the same for tailored clothing / easy fit so I don’t mind paying higher prices for RTW clothing. I see very little delta between my bespoke clothing and my RTW and MTM stuff and buy what I like within my budget So, I think we may be in agreement 90%. And I do really like my AM shoes and follow this thread because I like hearing all the great things he’s doing

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 17.0%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 146 33.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%