• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Lausa

Reaction score
Does Antonio have a showroom at his workshop or somewhere that one can visit? I tried to email them but didn't get an answer. :/

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does Antonio have a showroom at his workshop or somewhere that one can visit? I tried to email them but didn't get an answer. :/

I think you can go to his workshop in Italy, else best stock list would be Medallion in Beijing (with their own last though).

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In honor of ordering another pair of AMs today. AM Titanus loafers for Medallion today
6D859791-C01D-40CB-BAD4-3B7BC2554112.jpeg

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I saw an post of AM releasing C3 Lucius in RTW. So I need so advice on the sizing.

I wear the valerius loafer softsquare in UK8 and it runs marginally large. So for the chisel 3 should I go for UK7.5 as it’s 3mm longer than chisel 2 and does it have a lower instep than soft square ??

Also do I presume the waiting time isn’t 18weeks for his RTW ??

I have Lucius 2018 Limited Edition, and a couple of AM shoes including a pair of boots in Chisel 3, so I think I can offer some non-professional advice.

In practice Chisel 3 fitting is the same as Chisel 2 and Chisel Aurum, which is considered “standard” in his collection. As Antonio and others on this thread have mentioned, the perceived size difference between the “small to size” lasts (Soft square, Hawksbill) and the “standard size” lasts (Chisel, Mayfair) is around 1/4- to 1/2-size.

From your description, your size should be 7.5E in the new handwelted Lucius. As it’s a patina stock (basically just unpainted), the wait time is usually just one or two weeks - basically till the maestro has time to paint and ship your pair.

My friends and I have devised a reliable and reproducible way to find your AM size without a pair of his shoes: if you live in a locality where you have chance to try on a pair of Edward Green “Dover” in Last 606 width E, then you just take the best-fitting size. Depending on how the open lacing of the derby pair close (you can just take a photo of that as you try), you would also be able to know whether you would have potential instep problems with his “low instep lasts” (like soft square).

P.S. The launch of the handwelted Lucius actually gave me the urge to buy again: the difference between this and the then Aurum Lucius 2018 was basically just the outsole stitching (Aurum is supposed to be handsewn outsole), and now you can even choose any colour you like (back then when I wanted to choose a lighter brown, I was told “shoes were already painted you can only choose a darker brown and we darken it”). Time has changed and this offer is actually quite nice.

P.P.S. As to why I didn’t get a pair of this new Lucius, apart from the fact that my old pair is still doing very well (and I can’t think of another colour better than a misty dark brown) and I still have other pairs in the pipeline, is the somewhat funny pricing: if you look at the MTO section, and search for Lucius Argentum (which defaults to handwelted now anyway), um… ?

Attachments

• 175CFA0D-DF2A-446C-8FB8-27A54FAFC2D9.png
    175CFA0D-DF2A-446C-8FB8-27A54FAFC2D9.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 84

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Lucius 2018 Limited Edition, and a couple of AM shoes including a pair of boots in Chisel 3, so I think I can offer some non-professional advice.

In practice Chisel 3 fitting is the same as Chisel 2 and Chisel Aurum, which is considered “standard” in his collection. As Antonio and others on this thread have mentioned, the perceived size difference between the “small to size” lasts (Soft square, Hawksbill) and the “standard size” lasts (Chisel, Mayfair) is around 1/4- to 1/2-size.

From your description, your size should be 7.5E in the new handwelted Lucius. As it’s a patina stock (basically just unpainted), the wait time is usually just one or two weeks - basically till the maestro has time to paint and ship your pair.

My friends and I have devised a reliable and reproducible way to find your AM size without a pair of his shoes: if you live in a locality where you have chance to try on a pair of Edward Green “Dover” in Last 606 width E, then you just take the best-fitting size. Depending on how the open lacing of the derby pair close (you can just take a photo of that as you try), you would also be able to know whether you would have potential instep problems with his “low instep lasts” (like soft square).

P.S. The launch of the handwelted Lucius actually gave me the urge to buy again: the difference between this and the then Aurum Lucius 2018 was basically just the outsole stitching (Aurum is supposed to be handsewn outsole), and now you can even choose any colour you like (back then when I wanted to choose a lighter brown, I was told “shoes were already painted you can only choose a darker brown and we darken it”). Time has changed and this offer is actually quite nice.

P.P.S. As to why I didn’t get a pair of this new Lucius, apart from the fact that my old pair is still doing very well (and I can’t think of another colour better than a misty dark brown) and I still have other pairs in the pipeline, is the somewhat funny pricing: if you look at the MTO section, and search for Lucius Argentum (which defaults to handwelted now anyway), um… ?
Got quoted 2-3 weeks on patina service when I placed my order yesterday to try out chisel 3 on an in-stock model that he said was ready to go and just needed painting. That noce lontra patina looks so good on lucius - might need to place that order once I confirm sizing on chisel 3.

ajay199127

Reaction score

Thanks for the guidance and yes I have already completed my purchase in 7.5 melograno.

unfortunately Angola doesn’t any shoe brand to do a size comparison. But am pretty confident that this will be fit me well.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yup though that Lucius in single MTO section doesn’t have Medallion toe, not sure if there are any more differences

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads