• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that norvogese has
an inside holdfast
it is hard to see
he cuts a notch inside
liek a "V" with one
arm vertical
to minimise how much
leather is removed
for teh inside holdfast
instead of excavating
more
Ok , I understand, the leather flap I mentioned but diffently to a 90º cut for norvegese. Does that apply for HW shoes too, in general?. Thanks.

Last edited:

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok , I understand, the leather flap I mentioned but diffently to a 90º cut for norvegese.  Does that apply for HW shoes too, in general?. Thanks.

what flap
i said that
there was none

as for your question:

what he told me
is this

aurum and argentum handwelted
insole:

argentum rtw and mto
insole:

and for his test shoes
and cheaper shoes
for some stores
a gemmed goodyear

what i know
is that the first
insole was for a
very formal patent
bespoke oxford shoe

meccariello corrected
me about the second
photo for teh rtw
because teh pix
i attached was unfinished
the rtw insole still
has another process which
reduces teh thickness
at teh edge and
creates an external
wall

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what flap
i said that
there was none
Ok sorry, I misunderstood you. I tought the "V" cut was the one of your second pic so forming a "<" flap.

So Argentum RTW/MTO is machine stitched (2º photo): Original GYW or a la Weston.

Thanks for clarifications.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, really hot sauce for a pair of MaccaDovers RTW shoes!! . I would love to see a pic of the outsoles. Is he already prepare to launch his line of RTW shoes?. Any idea of final prices, half sizes available and where to get them?. Thanks T4.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea when & who is carrying rtw line gents?
. I think the new RTW line will be much lower priced than that (do not know the MaccaDovers), may be around 550-600€?. Sure T4 can chime in.

Last edited:

Elessar

Reaction score
I had been drooling all over his Tumblr for a very very long time; for some reason I didn't think Antonio would be popular because he hasn't updated his Tumblr in ages. I never thought to search StyleForum or Instagram for him, what an idiot I am!

Thankfully I came across his IG just before his launch of the website. DEFINITELY going to snag up an RTW pair (or handwelted Argentum, depending on price difference) once the website is up.

Subbed to stay up to date.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antonio has been pretty secretive about how he is going to price his RTW line, even when I asked him directly.
However, FWIW, I think we shouldn't have much longer to wait. He aims to launch his website by the end of this month.
Apart from that, however, he does already have a Japan only RTW Aeris line.
These are made to the same standard as his test shoes, and are GYW.

To guess at the price.....
His test shoes are approx 400 euros, and his Argentum HW shoes are approx 700 Euros.
Given that his Argentum RTW are not handwelted.
He would prob price them between 500 - 600 Euros.
He has told me that his Argentum RTW are
"a little less refined than my argentum hand welted ,the leather is also different ."
(Direct quote)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene