• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anthony Delos sells out to LVMH

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What were Berluti and Corthay originally? John Lobb? Honestly the name has a nice ring to it and could definitely be marketed as a brand.

Berluti was just some multi-generation family shoe making artisan, similar to Hermes. So was John Lobb RTW/Hermes.
wow imagine Delos being in charge of LV's bespoke shoes operation.....or maybe being a creative director like Michel Perry for JM Weston?

If it means access to Delos bespoke at California, by all means be my guest lol.

Creative director on shoes? Would suck to lose artisans to making Jimmy Choo shoes for men.
ffffuuuu.gif

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They were much more than Delos, i.e. a one-man bespoke operation of little repute beyond Paris (and SF).
There's no pt arguing about this. We can just wait to see how this plays out - I wager that AD will be making bespoke shoes for some of the high-end fashion brands in LVMH's stable before long.

Berluti was just some multi-generation family shoe making artisan, similar to Hermes.  So was John Lobb RTW/Hermes. 

True, true, perhaps they're looking to go Couture?

Who knows.

Interesting tidbit - some of the LV shoes are quite well made. Handwelted, even :hide:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
According to a DPEC member quoting Delos himself, M. Delos will stop all activity under his name and his employees and him will be integrated into Berluti. In other words he will make the bespoke Berluti and maybe design some RTW models for them.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Doesn't Berluti already do bespoke?

The Berluti bespoke samples I have seen are not compelling. IMO Delos would make their operation world class, though I fear with commensurate prices.

Last edited:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
The Berluti bespoke samples I have seen are not compelling. IMO Delos would make their operation world class, though I fear with commensurate prices.

I see.

In that case they are actually buying out a competitor. Good for Delos that he gets a nice consistent salary, but bad for customers that won't get to use an independent shoemaker.

OTOH it might mean he can take on more apprentices.

Kemper

Reaction score
LVMH is not interested by the "Delos" brand, but by Anthony Delos who is one of the greatest bootmakers of the moment.
As a client of Anthony, I am a bit sad. I planned to order a new pair next year, but I won't give my money to Berluti.
With Anthony, we could have a pair of incredible shoes for 3,000 euros. Now at Berluti, it will be 4,500 euros.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very disappointing. i hoped that this was just a rumor.

i'm so happy with the shoes that delos made for me and he such a nice guy.

i don't at all look forward to starting the process again with another shoemaker and the price at lobb paris is outrageously through the roof (even with the discount for using the same last).

Last edited:

andreyb2

Reaction score
It seems that LVMH is trying to transform Berluti into a "bespoke superbrand", with Arnys handling tailoring side and now Delos handling shoemaking. One wonders, though, why existing Berluti bespoke craftsmen are not enough?

Andrey

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LVMH is not interested by the "Delos" brand, but by Anthony Delos who is one of the greatest bootmakers of the moment.
As a client of Anthony, I am a bit sad. I planned to order a new pair next year, but I won't give my money to Berluti.
With Anthony, we could have a pair of incredible shoes for 3,000 euros. Now at Berluti, it will be 4,500 euros.

Would be awesome IF he travels to west coast USA and does bespoke for 4500 EUR / 5600 USD.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads