• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roughly €250, but I buy them at a department store ("El Corte Inglés"). No idea what the price is at their own store.

This pair was €200, marked down to €150. The calf models they were selling at El Corte Inglés seemed to me made with sub-par leather, and certainly don't look as good as those in the pictures posted by Crat.

atia2

Reaction score
It may interest some of you to know that Shipton & Heneage use (used?) Yanko as a manufacturer. I recently bought this split-toe derby, and you can see Yanko's mark on the rubber sole. I must say it was a beautifully made shoe, a good notch above the C&J split-toe I have at present, but the fit wasn't right so I couldn't keep it. A real bargain at £169, although not many sizes are left.

PS I have nothing to do with S&H, other than having bought one pair of shoes there.

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Checked out Yanko shoes at Cortes Ingles and they aren't that bad.

2 models:

1. Black stitched for about 150 euros. Not that great in my opinion.

2. Goodyear models for about 200 to 250 euros. The leather is a bit thinner than Carmina, but good designs.

My honest opinion, they're ok, but wouldn't be my first choice for a value-priced GY welted shoe.

I also found this store in Portugal that carries the following Goodyear-welted shoes for 30 euros (!). They're not Yanko but a better bargain for beater shoes imo.

damiance

Reaction score
How does the leather compare to Carmina?

I'm on the fence of these because of so many varying opinions. Some are saying not good leather, but then Ron Rider says they are superior to most UK shoes. I'm much more inclined to believe his opinion.

We'll see this evening after a couple drinks, but I imagine I'll be pulling the trigger. Only have one pair of blacks and these look like they'd be a nice addition.

the leather used nowadays by Yanko is delivered by 3 european tanneries:
1. D’Annonay
2. Du Puy (owned by Weston)
3. Kegar (known as Freundenberg / Weinheimer Leder; used for example by Allen Edmonds)

so the quality is undisputable.

All black shoes are made of famous Freundenberg Box Calf (search SF for more info). I bought my first pair - model 561 - in February. Pictures taken a few months ago below. The leather on this model is D'Annonay aniline burgundy calf.

In Europe Yanko is available on-line here, [version in English is being prepared, but one can contact by e-mail: [email protected] ]

http://www.patine.pl

exemplary last measures are here:
http://www.patine.pl/webpage/en/tabela-rozmiarowa.html

AND - straps which were not mentioned until now ..
http://patine.pl/category/paski?horizontal

damiance

Reaction score
:)

if somebody is interested, a small hint about pricing. Regular price is 1399 PLN (Polish zloty; at current FX rates it is aprox: 440 USD or 330 EUR)

The PATINE store offers a special version (made by Yanko exclusively for them) of selected models ready for putting a patina (coloring).
This version is now offered in special price of 950 PLN (300 USD / 225 EUR). The leather used is undyed calf crust (I don't know which tannery is a producer but maybe I will be able to get this info from PATINE).

http://www.patine.pl/category/obuwie-do-patynowania

tattoodobem

Reaction score
Checked out Yanko shoes at Cortes Ingles and they aren't that bad.

2 models:

1. Black stitched for about 150 euros. Not that great in my opinion.

2. Goodyear models for about 200 to 250 euros. The leather is a bit thinner than Carmina, but good designs.

My honest opinion, they're ok, but wouldn't be my first choice for a value-priced GY welted shoe.

I also found this store in Portugal that carries the following Goodyear-welted shoes for 30 euros (!). They're not Yanko but a better bargain for beater shoes imo.

And what is the store name?

Last edited:

tattoodobem

Reaction score
Good prices, but all the yankos are sold out in my size, 8.5D

Yeah same with my size :D
But maybe some one will want to try out.
I' ve searched and it seems i may find meermin and yanko shoes near me (el corte ingles) and maybe with good prices. I'll try and take a look monday

tattoodobem

Reaction score
i guess it is pretty easy too see when they aren't and no they didn't say goodyear, but leather seemed full grain.
I just saw them quick, i was more interested in carmina

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Spoke with a Yanko rep today, said that in about two weeks the online shop will be up and running with new models and MTO options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads