• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zielschuss

Reaction score
How does the leather compare to Carmina?

I'm on the fence of these because of so many varying opinions. Some are saying not good leather, but then Ron Rider says they are superior to most UK shoes. I'm much more inclined to believe his opinion.

We'll see this evening after a couple drinks, but I imagine I'll be pulling the trigger. Only have one pair of blacks and these look like they'd be a nice addition.

So I went to CSC the other day and bought the same pair that zielschuss bought. Admittedly I'm not the very knowledgeable when it comes to shoes, but I did chat about Yanko for a few minutes with one of the founders. FWIW, he says they use the same exact calf leather as Carmina and that their construction is so similar that the companies used to accuse each other of stealing their machines to make the shoes.

I don't personally own any Carminas, but I've seen them in person several times at Epaulet and to the untrained eye, these seem very similar quality-wise. Will let you guys know how they turn out as I get to wearing them.

The leather on the Yankos is a tiny bit thinner than it is on the Carminas; you can see it in the pictures at the vamp by the lacing. The surface finishing looks identical though and in order to tell the difference, I think you'd need someone with a lot more knowledge about leather than I have to take a look at these.

Harvitz81

Reaction score
Mine arrived today and they indeed are very high quality!

I would definitely place them above anything calf from Alden and AE and on par with Carmina from my limited experience with all these brands. Probably not going to wear them for a week or so - debating getting some sunken metal toe plates installed...

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

[/quote

Love the stingrays in the back!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up a pair 2 weeks ago at El Corte Ingles in Madrid during July's tiempo de rebajas for 99.99 Euro Minus 10% non EU discount and a tax refund. On my feet for the first time today and so far loving them, especially at that price.

Tomboys

Reaction score

Mine arrived today and they indeed are very high quality!

I would definitely place them above anything calf from Alden and AE and on par with Carmina from my limited experience with all these brands. Probably not going to wear them for a week or so - debating getting some sunken metal toe plates installed...

Just got back into town and I tried mine on. They're a little snug on the instep--I don't have particularly high insteps, but the rest of the shoes feel great. Admittedly, there's probably some swelling of my feet since I just got home after a 4 hour flight from Chicago. I slipped them on and walked around the house for ~10 minutes (to assess the fit), and I could already feel the instep loosening up. So, I'd chalk up the snug instep to foot swell.

I did notice that the shaping of the sole tip is a little "wobbly", nothing terrible though. In fact, the more I look at it, the more I actually like it. It has some sprezz right out of the box. LOL. Other than that, the shoes are well finished. Here's my honest assessment; while I got them on sale, I'd still buy them at full retail ($550 or thereabouts). I have C&J and Canali shoes in that $550 retail range and these shoes are every bit as nice in terms of fit, feel (comfort and stability) and overall finish.

I'm off to get my shoes Topy'd.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Picked up a pair 2 weeks ago at El Corte Ingles in Madrid during July's tiempo de rebajas for 99.99 Euro Minus 10% non EU discount and a tax refund.  On my feet for the first time today and so far loving them, especially at that price.

wow what a great price. would love to see some pics in real life

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm liking mine. They may be on the ever-so-slightly big size of a 10.5, but I'm a smaller 10.5 anyway.For 99 euro, I'd buy 3 or 5 pairs.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm heading to that region next week. I'll PSA here if I find any at a good price.

I usually don't charge a proxy fee (SFers should pay it forward!) but shoes are heavy and the airline might charge me if I go over the weight limit. Plus a typical suitcase can only fit about 4 pairs of shoes with boxes; maybe twice that without boxes.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, I really missed out on my last trip.

I found Carmina snuff suede captoes for 200 euros, but didn't know much about the brand at the time and skipped them. Also didn't pick up a Zegna for Dunhill suit for 699 euros (the dunhill cuts are great, especially the belgravia line).

On a positive note, picked up a Pal Zileri Sartoriale SC for 200 euros and a bunch of PZ ties for 12 euros each (!).

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm heading to that region next week. I'll PSA here if I find any at a good price.

I usually don't charge a proxy fee (SFers should pay it forward!) but shoes are heavy and the airline might charge me if I go over the weight limit. Plus a typical suitcase can only fit about 4 pairs of shoes with boxes; maybe twice that without boxes.

+1 would be interested in the shoes as well. thanks!

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 would be interested as well.

Anyone know if Yanko is the maker for Howard Yount's shoes? I haven't handled them but they're made in Spain to a good quality standard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads