• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my first Anglo Italian RTW jacket just before Xmas and I’m pretty impressed. I bought a pair of their C&J loafers last year but they didn’t work out for my wide feet, and their balmacaan raincoat earlier this year which I love, but I’d yet to try their tailoring.

The cut is full, with quite a bit of room in the chest and waist but I like it. The waist is a bit too roomy (ironic given that’s normally a bit slim for me in RTW) but nothing the tailor can’t amend. It’s full canvas, with a bit of handwork. I’m not overly concerned with that kind of thing but, for anyone that is, you get quite a lot of bang for your buck.

I really like the cloth. It’s spongey and tactile, as you’d expect. I’d actually ordered a swatch of it last year and had intended to have a jacket made up in it but my tailor persuaded me to go with something from a different bunch and I always kind of regretted it.

I’d left it a bit late to order for Xmas (it’s a present from my wife, who wanted me to have it on the day), but I emailed and Jake was very helpful, ensuring it was shipped in time, and was also really helpful on questions of fit.

Given the fullness of the cut, I’ve also ordered a size down, which I’m yet to receive, but I’m fairly confident this is the right size for me with some tweaks.

Giving serious consideration to their MTM programme next, if I’m able to get down to London in 2021.
View attachment 1523913
Looks perfect where it counts. Slimming the waist will be simple and make it very flattering.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks fine. Take in the waist to give it some shape and shorten the sleeves a bit.

Are the arm holes cut high?

Probably the photo and the angle, but I am wondering if the gorge is cut high relative to the buttoning position. Could also be that I am imagining things.

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Looks fine. Take in the waist to give it some shape and shorten the sleeves a bit.

Are the arm holes cut high?

Probably the photo and the angle, but I am wondering if the gorge is cut high relative to the buttoning position. Could also be that I am imagining things.
The armhole is about standard for Italian made jackets I would say.

The button position is a little lower than usual, which is a feature of AI jackets. It certainly elongates the lapel, but I like that

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Beautiful jacket, I love their low buttoning point. Love the fabric too.

Like others said, take in the waist and sleeves a little bit and you’re good to go. Wear it in good health, looks great!

driving glove

Reaction score
Just received a very appealingly muted tie from Anglo-Italian. Have no idea when I will wear a tie again, but it looks wonderful on the rack in my closet, above my unworn dress shoes.
The price of shopping on line after a few delicious “beverages”.

Dadacantona

Reaction score
Just received a very appealingly muted tie from Anglo-Italian. Have no idea when I will wear a tie again, but it looks wonderful on the rack in my closet, above my unworn dress shoes.
The price of shopping on line after a few delicious “beverages”.
A path well trodden

garigo

Reaction score
Can anyone who owns both Anglo-Italian and Drake's jeans comment on how they compare in terms of size? I wear a 33 in AI and I would like to find the corresponding Drake's size.

clemente21

Reaction score
Can anyone who owns both Anglo-Italian and Drake's jeans comment on how they compare in terms of size? I wear a 33 in AI and I would like to find the corresponding Drake's size.
I'd say the same, but I'm basing it off of the old Blackhorse Drake's jeans, not sure who makes them now (made in Portugal right?)

garigo

Reaction score
Thank you! Actually for now I’m interested in the ecru jeans, which are still made in England. But for what it’s worth the size chart is identical to the new made in Portugal ones.

ClinkingThearly

Reaction score
I only have anglo so can’t comment on Drake’s but I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on how they compare if you end up ordering! I was thinking of getting the anglo dark wash, but then I’ve been looking at the Drake’s indigo ones too. Can’t really make a decision..

garigo

Reaction score
I only have anglo so can’t comment on Drake’s but I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on how they compare if you end up ordering! I was thinking of getting the anglo dark wash, but then I’ve been looking at the Drake’s indigo ones too. Can’t really make a decision..
Sure! That’s actually one of the reasons why I want to try the ecru jeans, to figure out which ones I like more before ordering a dark wash.

garigo

Reaction score
I'd say the same, but I'm basing it off of the old Blackhorse Drake's jeans, not sure who makes them now (made in Portugal right?)
By the way, can you please explain a bit more what your experience with the old BHL-made Drake's jeans is?

clemente21

Reaction score
By the way, can you please explain a bit more what your experience with the old BHL-made Drake's jeans is?

Sure - they're very well made, it's the BHL NW3 cut with a few extra details, primarily I think a little more of a taper, maybe some extra metalware and flourishes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics