• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

allen edmonds mora petition

poena

Reaction score
any info on how these Bodiley's fit? My feet are a bit wide as well and no idea how they would fit into the Lowndes. So I am looking around for other options at this time.

I wish the Bodileys had a lighter brown color. The suede is nice though

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

any info on how these Bodiley's fit? My feet are a bit wide as well and no idea how they would fit into the Lowndes. So I am looking around for other options at this time.

I wish the Bodileys had a lighter brown color. The suede is nice though

Email Bodileys. They have incredibly good customer service and will be more than willing to help you out.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

am I the only one that doesn't see the Mora on the custom shoes page?

At the bottom of the page you have to click the button that says More Shoes. The Mora is on the 2nd page.

thesecondprize

Reaction score
Showing up for me.

Could be a browser cache issue (your web browser has stored an old version of the site and is showing you that, as opposed to the version on the live site). When you're looking at that page, try holding down your "shift" key while clicking the browser "refresh" button.

Hank Rearden

Reaction score
Didn't know about this thread, but just left the Dallas Allen Edmonds store and inquired about any new double monks and the guy there said that they would be 'bringing the Moras back in 2012.' Take that for what it's worth, he didn't know (or at least didn't mention) that they were already available in the custom section of the website, but I imagine that if they do bring them back as he suggested then they will be priced at the same level of the other non-custom shoes.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Just funny that this thread was started almost a year ago and the Mora was coveted years before that, pretty much immediately after they discontinued the model (more or less the same time dubs were getting deep in the hype cycle). Now, years later, they are still months or maybe even a year from rolling them out on a full scale. It's one of the worst responses to the market I have ever seen. IMO AE has completely missed the boat here and I'm not sure why. I know they make some good shoes, and I have owned several pairs over the years, but their incompetency honestly makes me question them as a brand.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Im currently making rubber lance armstrong bracelets to support the return of the Mora. instead of rubber, they be zee brown suede. :foo:

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just funny that this thread was started almost a year ago and the Mora was coveted years before that, pretty much immediately after they discontinued the model (more or less the same time dubs were getting deep in the hype cycle). Now, years later, they are still months or maybe even a year from rolling them out on a full scale. It's one of the worst responses to the market I have ever seen. IMO AE has completely missed the boat here and I'm not sure why. I know they make some good shoes, and I have owned several pairs over the years, but their incompetency honestly makes me question them as a brand.

Such a sense of entitlement! ;) Seriously- if you really want them that bad, shell out the premium for a custom-fitted pair; or will you be waiting until you can find them on B&S again for 50% off.

The Mora's are available now as a custom order as we know.
However, after talking with some of the folks folks there a ways up the chain; it's a popular shoe but not as much as SF or the hyper-interested niche makes it out to be. They'll keep listening and judging reaction. I'll give Paul credit- they are listening and they are trying. The interest here and at AAAC did help to get it back to the stage it has.
FWIW- I ordered a Mora in suede last week. Pending settling a couple of details I hope to have it in roughly a month or so.

Also FWIW... was shocked to see my feet are now 12B left and 11C right... :censored:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads