• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

allen edmonds mora petition

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
1,892
Reaction score
580
I have recently contacted Allen Edmonds in an attempt to re-continue the Mora. All i ask of you is a simple show of support if you would like this style to be re-continued. Thank you.
 

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2010
Messages
7,217
Reaction score
1,434
I have a pair of suede moras and they make me very happy. I support your effort.
 

R-H

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2007
Messages
439
Reaction score
11
Originally Posted by ihambrecht
I have recently contacted Allen Edmonds in an attempt to re-continue the Mora. All i ask of you is a simple show of support if you would like this style to be re-continued. Thank you.

I've planted a tree in the yard in support of AE Moras.
 

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
1,892
Reaction score
580
I really can't understand how they would discontinue a shoe with such a large cult following.
 

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
4,613
Reaction score
7,677
Aye!
 

heaven7

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
164
Reaction score
1
I'm in.
I've been trying to track down a brown calf one in 7.5 for a couple of months now.
 

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
8,105
Reaction score
91
I DO NOT support this.

I'm also writing a letter to Allen Edmonds asking them to continue to discontinue producing the Mora.

It won't remain a cult shoes if everybody has them.
 

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
3,992
Reaction score
16
Pssst! Let me tell you a secret. They're not that nice. The heel's too low, they have a 360 degree welt and the last is too flat. Get the McNeil instead if you like AE's suede, or get the Lowndes if you want a double monk.
 

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
654
Originally Posted by lee_44106
I DO NOT support this.

I'm also writing a letter to Allen Edmonds asking them to continue to discontinue producing the Mora.

It won't remain a cult shoes if everybody has them.


I can't fault this logic.
 

heaven7

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
164
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by alliswell
Pssst! Let me tell you a secret. They're not that nice. The heel's too low, they have a 360 degree welt and the last is too flat. Get the McNeil instead if you like AE's suede, or get the Lowndes if you want a double monk.

I guess everyone knows they're not that nice.
The question is, is there any other decent looking double monk in that price range?
I reckon the Lowndes is considerably more expensive.
 

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2010
Messages
2,215
Reaction score
54
Originally Posted by ihambrecht
I really can't understand how they would discontinue a shoe with such a large cult following.

a real following is profitable. a cult following is not

Originally Posted by heaven7
I guess everyone knows they're not that nice.
The question is, is there any other decent looking double monk in that price range?
I reckon the Lowndes is considerably more expensive.


there are plenty of shitty makers with double monks coming out these days
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,514
Messages
9,450,997
Members
198,078
Latest member
1adrianc2685hB6
Top