• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

allen edmonds Lasalle vs. Delray

kwright11

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering if anybody has experience between these two shoes. Both look very similar and attractive as well. If anyone has worn both or has experience with either shoe, please share their defining characteristics.

Thanks

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same question. Trying to pick between these two styles in brown. Looking to primarily wear the shoes with wool slacks, but would like to occasionally wear them with my navy blue suit. Is one better with a suit? Is one more traditional/conservative?

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
delray is more formal to me and better looking as well. The lasalle toe is sort of bulky to me.

If you can't tell from looking at pics (check the AE appreciation thread), you may just have to buy both at zappos or similar and return the ones you don't like.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Delray. I like that the toe stitching is less obtrusive.

Of course, I would greatly prefer to just get another pair of Brentwoods, which are my favorite AE shoes ever, but sadly they are no longer available. The pair I have are going on 15 years old and are not in the best shape anymore.

reidrothchild

Reaction score

I have the Delarays in Chili and really like them. I haven't seen the LaSalles in real life but have wondered what the difference is. Here are my Delrays with a brown suit. I think they are sleek enough to pull off with a suit.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, the AE salesman told me that the LaSalle is a Delray that was redesigned for Nordstrom. Said Nordstrom requested the changes and worked with AE on coming up with the LaSalle. From comparing the two in person, the LaSalle is significantly slimmer where the balls of the feet sit. and has less tapering at the toe. It also is a darker brown and has the bulkier toe stitching, which I wasn't thrilled with. I went with the Delray.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went with the La Salle over the Delray. There was something rather clownish about the Delray and I think it has to do w/ the last. It had a taller profile to be sure. The Lasalle is on the 8 last which is by far my favorite and most comfortable last from AE. It has a sleeker look than many of the other clunkier lasts imo

Delray:

Lasalle:

Last edited:

RZach

Reaction score
I bought the lasalle in the current 2/300 sale and am very happy with it. I asked the sale associate which he'd recommend between the two and he said the lasalle. He mentioned something about the aesthetics but also that it has their slightly cushioned insole in it, which is definitely comfortable.

But I don't really feel like you could go wrong with either.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went with the La Salle over the Delray. There was something rather clownish about the Delray and I think it has to do w/ the last. It had a taller profile to be sure. The Lasalle is on the 8 last which is by far my favorite and most comfortable last from AE. It has a sleeker look than many of the other clunkier lasts imo
Delray:

Lasalle:
Both shoes are on the 8-108 last, so there is no difference from that standpoint.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same manufacturer, same quality, same last, but Delray looks much more balanced.

MJP2448

Reaction score
Same manufacturer, same quality, same last, but Delray looks much more balanced.
Dude, 99.9% of people are not going to notice the difference. Seriously. They are nearly identical. I guess the real question is do I look fatter in the mirror or in real life?

bjornb17

Reaction score
I own both shoes. I have the Delrays in black and Lasalle in dark brown. Both are great shoes but I prefer the Delray, as it is a bit sleeker. I bought the Lasalle because I wanted something similar in brown but not exactly the same. The Lasalles are definitely taller in the toe box and have extra padding under the heel and are therefore more comfortable, but the Delrays still look so sweet after a good polishing.

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own and love my chili delrays. My second favorite ae make-up, behind the walnut strand

Tworock

Reaction score
My Delrays were made more casual by virtue of their being brown suede. Also bought the LaSalle expressly for casual wear, sport coats etc. Both are comfortable. I'd say black or brown Delrays would excellent for wear with suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads