• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlillittle

Reaction score
I'm new to styleforum and also new to the Allen edmonds experience. So far I purchased two pairs with my most recent purchase being the Neumok olive size 8 E. The customer service has been wonderful. But my question to you guys is should I be concern with the way the border on these first quality shoes look? Do I need to get these swamped out for a new pair or are these pretty legit for first quality shoes?
Also how' does the fit look? The feel pretty decent do these break in a lot? I sure hope a little.
[/IMG][/IMG]

[/IMG]

lemmy127

Reaction score
Those look perfectly fine. The first picture is where the stitching stops and starts. That crack is on nearly every shoe AE, and other makers, produce, which is why they do their best to put it in an unnoticeable spot like the inside arch. The second and fourth is barely noticeable and not an issue at all. Fit looks good if the width is right for you.

Last edited:

NeoXerxes

Reaction score
Should I use
If you haven't exchanged them yet, I would first use a cleaner and a cotton rag to try to clean the spot off manually. My Bourbon Strands had a couple areas of inconsistent burnishing (not surprisingly, as they were the first new Bourbon shoes I think this forum saw), and I was able to tame them with Conditioner/Cleaner and some elbow grease. If you have something like Reno'Mat, it might come off even more easily. If the rest of the shoe is flawless (and this works), it's probably a better idea than rolling the bones on a whole new pair.

Is there something I can use that will get the stray burnishing off without (even slightly) damaging the rest of the shoe? I'm worried that it will damage the shoe, rendering it unable to be returned.

Scottyb06

Reaction score
I'm new to styleforum and also new to the Allen edmonds experience. So far I purchased two pairs with my most recent purchase being the Neumok olive size 8 E. The customer service has been wonderful. But my question to you guys is should I be concern with the way the border on these first quality shoes look? Do I need to get these swamped out for a new pair or are these pretty legit for first quality shoes?
Also how' does the fit look? The feel pretty decent do these break in a lot? I sure hope a little. [IMG]

[IMG][URL='http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1530431/'][IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1530431/width/200/height/400[/URL]
They look great! I have this same shoe in snuff suede - one of the two most comfortable shoes I own (the suede Amok being the other).

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Long Branch looking down from Canton Tower in Guangzhou today

That ain't right.

Gives me vertigo just looking at the picture!

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a family shot. Some people say my closet looks like the back room of an AE store.

Chris

VA17

Reaction score

Brought out my first pair of AE (the pair that started it all!) for dinner tonight and gave them a quick polish. One of my most comfortable pairs - I love how versatile they are, as well. My collection is growing! Oxblood First Avenues are in production... (Note - the Parkway box is actually a pair of 9 D Strands in Walnut, the Park Avenues are actually 9 D, not 8 D, and my pair of Walnut McAllisters are absent.)
Nice collection! I notice you went with an 8.5D Mcgregor, half a size smaller than what it looks like you have for the other shoes on that last in your collection. Care to elaborate on why you went in that direction? I ask because I had a hunch it may be best to do the same thing myself, but I haven't decided.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice collection!

I notice you went with an 8.5D Mcgregor, half a size smaller than what it looks like you have for the other shoes on that last in your collection. Care to elaborate on why you went in that direction? I ask because I had a hunch it may be best to do the same thing myself, but I haven't decided.

I have a somewhat high instep. I measure an 8.5D on the Brannock but nudging towards 9D. I can't fit into 8.5D 5-lasted balmorals, but the bluchers fit me great. I've tried 8.5E for the bals but it's too loose on my heel. This seems to be the only way it works for me! I tried the 9D McGregor but it was very loose and had lots of bowing in the sides when I walked. 8.5D fits great. My Bleeker Streets are also 8.5D for the same reason. They're a touch tighter in the toebox than the McGregor but still fit much better than the 9D pair I tried.

Trader George

Reaction score
Oh, Tampa! I forgot to answer you a few days back! I'm from the Boynton Beach area (Palm Beach County).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads