1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watchidiot

watchidiot Senior member

Haha thanks. I see what you did there :)

1 person likes this.
  2. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Chocolate Daltons today
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior member

Walnut Carlyles today. Picked up some Oxblood Daltons and Black Park Avenues as seconds yesterday. Gent at the store looked them over and said they were both passable as firsts with no visual defects. We will see in 3-5 days!
    [​IMG]

4. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

I've been looking to score a pair of Portland boots for a while. My first split toe of any type. Just hoping AE doesn't put one out on the 201 last anytime soon.
    As you can see, the AE eyelets caught me again.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Sharp looking boot...sad they do not offer this any more and yeah this on one of the fuller lasts would be killer..would love me some of this in Loden Suede with alabaster contrast stitching...Or some Nuemok Blue leather with alabaster or black stitching would be killer.

1 person likes this.
  6. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

@middlepP

Those are sharp as f*ck.

7. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

+1

8. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

Agreed! What I meant to say above is my wallet hopes they don't come out with a fuller last version. I would LOVE an updated version. Either of your suggestions would be sooooo nice! Oh, I wish I was around for the GMTO days. I jumped on board at the very end, when the all chili spectators were denied.
    Thanks, @7_rocket . It took me a while to appreciate the split toe. Guess I've done enough boot gazing on instagram. Also, for some reason the black welt doesn't bother me like on other bourbon shoes.

9. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

I miss Earl! He was so friendly and helpful. A big reason why I became so enamored with the AE brand.

10. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

He was such a consummate professional when it came to customer service. Between he and Allison, I never wanted to deal with anyone else (even though most were great), because they couldn't help but compare unfavorably.

11. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

We are such degenerates that I knew what you meant....lol. I fear the day that AE actually scans these pages and puts some of the mto and suggestions intonproduction...I would be broke....err broker

12. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior member

Since I'm new to the AE world, can anyone give advice on how frequently they polish?

13. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

These are still some of my favorite AE's. Bradley in #8 Shell Cordovan. Most of you probably don't remember this but about 5 years ago or so AE accidentally had these listed on their website for $250. They were only listed like that for about an hour but they honored the price for everyone that ordered them. I was lucky enough to score this pair.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

It depends on how often you wear your shoes. If you only have 2-3 pairs of shoes, you might be polishing monthly. If you have a larger rotation and only wear each shoe 2-3 times per month, you might only be polishing every 6 months or so.

And some people are harder on their shoes than others and will polish more often.

You will be able to tell when your shoes need polishing.

Chris

15. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior member

Thanks. 2 pairs now, 3 more on the way. Will probably cool it once I hit 6 pairs so my wife doesn't kill me.

16. middlepP

middlepP Senior member

This forum will certainly help you stick to that goal of only 6. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. NorseHorse

NorseHorse Senior member

Already figured that out, lol.

18. Moose22

Moose22 Senior member

Walnut Wednesday?

Technically, these are. That's supposed to be Bourbon.

[​IMG]

Oddly, I never post Walnut Wednesday because Wednesdays I go to the driving range, so I'm usually wearing some threadbare khakis. Walnut doesn't go with Khaki to my taste, though bourbon (real bourbon, and whatever this is) go nicely.

1 person likes this.
  19. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Senior member

Great kicks! I love my pair. very underrated model. LOVE that heavy mocc stitch.

6 pairs. such a sweet kid....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.