• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeviMay

Reaction score
My last MTO before the gate closed, Golden Brown CXL Leeds:

(I managed to sneak them into the house while the wife was walking the dogs. Once they're in the closet and the box is put away in the attic, I'm usually in the clear.)

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy dundee seconds came in today. They look perfect. I went over the whole shoe for a couple minutes and maybe it's a slight discoloration on one toe. Not noticeable at all. Even in direct sunlight.

So, what do I do before my first wear? I have some venetian shoe cream, per horween's recommendation. Do I apy the vsc and then brush and buff?

Can not hurt, do not be alarmed if some color comes off when applying..AE is known for loading gunk up on their shoes.

AdamAdam

Reaction score
PSA: I remember doing this last year and it worked out well. Make a small donation to a good cause (PinkStyle to support breast cancer research) and get a coupon good for 25% off one item. I don't live anywhere near Jeffersonville, Ohio so called and made an order over the phone, gave them the coupon code that I purchased online and they honored it. Not sure if AE is participating again. Save some money and donate to a good cause at the same time.

http://www.tangeroutlet.com/jeffersonville

pudman43

Reaction score
My updated AE family pic

Top: Byron (merlot), Strand (Walnut), Neumok (Snuff), McTavish (Cognac), McTavish (Tan), Mora 2.0 (brown)
Bottom: Stewart (blue), Strand (brown), McClain (black), MacNeil (walnut grain), Park Avenue (black)

1Ellis1

Reaction score
Received BLACK Cordovan Dundee seconds today but ordered Brown...bummer.
Hopefully they can find something to replace them with as I already have black.

Anyone have any success getting a replacement shoe from a sale that is over?

Really wanted my 1st cordovan.....

B. Ellis

AndyC

Reaction score
Wearing Walnut Lombards. which are rather like Players except that they have lovely Poiron insoles and safe and comfortable rubber soles and heels.....

The Walnut Lombards were my first pair of AEs! They look great, and are still one of my favorite pairs to wear.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA: I remember doing this last year and it worked out well. Make a small donation to a good cause (PinkStyle to support breast cancer research) and get a coupon good for 25% off one item. I don't live anywhere near Jeffersonville, Ohio so called and made an order over the phone, gave them the coupon code that I purchased online and they honored it. Not sure if AE is participating again. Save some money and donate to a good cause at the same time.

Allen Edmonds is not listed as a "Participating Store". I'm contacting Terri and Jill to find out for sure.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received a pair Wolverine 1000 Mile 744 LTD's by AE today. This was my crowning jewel from the shell sale! They are brown shell (Wolverine calls them Mahogany) with W's butyl leather sole and Vibram heel. Marked as seconds but no real obvious defect I can see. Once may have been a show room shoe - few marks and carpet burns on sole while the other is pristine. At $325, these are definitely keepers!!!

LeviMay

Reaction score

Showing off my cordovan Leeds (video):
Great video! Something I just realized is that I don't ever discuss this stuff in any detail with anyone in person, just online. It was interesting hearing it pronounced (correctly, I assume) as "COR-dah-van", rather than "cor-DOH-van", as I say it (incorrectly, I assume), and "BLOO-ker", rather than "BLOO-cher". Dumb, but neat.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great video!

Something I just realized is that I don't ever discuss this stuff in any detail with anyone in person, just online. It was interesting hearing it pronounced (correctly, I assume) as "COR-dah-van", rather than "cor-DOH-van", as I say it (incorrectly, I assume), and "BLOO-ker", rather than "BLOO-cher".

Dumb, but neat.

Yea, blucher is definitely 'bloo ker' - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/blucher?s=t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads