• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm coming around to the idea of tassel loafers. I feel like they are kind of trendy right now, but obviously, a timeless design. I'm in my mid 20's so I guess it seems trendy for people my age to be wearing them.

However, looking at those navy ones makes me want to get a pair myself for the summer. Maybe in grey or snuff suede..unlined. Looking at this thread is always so tempting,.

AdRock

Reaction score
Few weeks ago. Navy PA

Where these MTO? I have really been thinking a lot lately about adding a pair of Navy AE's to my collection. When you get a chance could you please post a few more pics of these? They look unbelievable.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also my Eagle County MTO also failed
inspection and I ordered it the same time as this suede Grayson. It's 8.5D as well and the upper is tan waxy saddle, same leather as the Elgin and Stewart. Any chance you also got scored them as seconds @freedbird?

cats33cats

Reaction score
How long will it take for these LaSalle's to stretch? They are still tight (not all that uncomfortable) after 4 hours of wear. Will it take several days for them to break in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where these MTO? I have really been thinking a lot lately about adding a pair of Navy AE's to my collection. When you get a chance could you please post a few more pics of these? They look unbelievable.

I believe he dyed a pair of a different colored stock PAs. If you search through his posts in this thread, I think there are more photos and a description of the process.

AdRock

Reaction score
I believe he dyed a pair of a different colored stock PAs. If you search through his posts in this thread, I think there are more photos and a description of the process.
Thank you for the info. Sorry for not searching first!

lint

Reaction score
How long will it take for these LaSalle's to stretch? They are still tight (not all that uncomfortable) after 4 hours of wear. Will it take several days for them to break in?

mine have moulded a bit to my feet, but they haven't stretched much if at all. That was after a few months

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have the tan Chukkamok's and I used mink oil with similar results. I use them as my business casual bad weather work shoes. They are extremely comfortable with the rubber sole and soft leather, however I find the leather a bit hard to care for, especially when trying to clean. It picks up dark marks which are hard to remove.

I have some Aussie balm stuff I may try on mine just to see of that protects it a little more.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to an AE store yesterday to look at a few things in person and try on some shoes. The shaker heights looked off in person. I want a fan. A few of their display shoes could have used a good polish.

However, I really want some moras now!

Love the Shaker Heights and agree when just standing by themselves there is something less appealing than when they are on the foot- They fit me perfectly and spent an entire day with 3 miles of walking on them first time out of the box-

FreedBird

Reaction score

Also my Eagle County MTO also failed
inspection and I ordered it the same time as this suede Grayson. It's 8.5D as well and the upper is tan waxy saddle, same leather as the Elgin and Stewart. Any chance you also got scored them as seconds @freedbird?

Yup! However, I think I will be keeping those. You have some great MTO stuff you worked up!

cats33cats

Reaction score
How good are Nordstroms about exchanging shoes a second time? I'm not so sure these will break in enough to be comfortable...

cincikid

Reaction score
Yup! However, I think I will be keeping those. You have some great MTO stuff you worked up!

May I ask how you manage to score the MTO seconds? I actually asked the folks at the Shoe Bank about the possibility of getting some of those the other day and I got the reply that there's no way for them to know whether these are the regular stock models or someone's MTO.

FreedBird

Reaction score

May I ask how you manage to score the MTO seconds? I actually asked the folks at the Shoe Bank about the possibility of getting some of those the other day and I got the reply that there's no way for them to know whether these are the regular stock models or someone's MTO.

My college job was an SA at Allen Edmonds, so I have some connections that get me interesting MTO seconds.

jch1

Reaction score
Yep- I have two suede tassel loafers in the works. Deciding between Graysons and Lake Shore Drive, though they are essentially the same.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep- I have two suede tassel loafers in the works. Deciding between Graysons and Lake Shore Drive, thought they are essentially the same.

Stock soles are different no? They might be on different lasts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads