• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makeyourself

Reaction score
As per Septimus suggestion, I have posted my question here. Mods - I had created a separate thread for this; feel free to close it down.

I just got these AE McAllister wingtips. 9.5D is somewhat tight but the biggest issue is the lace gap which is pretty significant, as you can see. *I took the pictures at around 6pm. 9.5E looks fine but I have some heel slippage. Also, if they stretch, they will probably just close the gap which is not supposed to happen. Right? I am usually a 9.5 on everything and I got sized once at Nordstrom - 9.5D.

Will the 9.5D stretch to close the gap to an acceptable level (especially the right foot - a full 1 inch)?
How much heel slippage is too much?
If I was to go with a half size down wider shoe, should I go with 9E, EE, or EEE?

Thank you!

9.5D

9.5E

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second pair of Rutledge seconds came in from the sale. Both my pairs have too many flaws for my taste which is too bad because it's probably my favorite AE shoe right now and the 3 last seems to be perfect on my feet. I guess I'm going to have to keep my shell Norwich instead!

I did notice that both Rutledges came with regular shoe bags, is that the case with everyone?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

As per Septimus suggestion, I have posted my question here. Mods - I had created a separate thread for this; feel free to close it down. I just got these AE McAllister wingtips. 9.5D is somewhat tight but the biggest issue is the lace gap which is pretty significant, as you can see. *I took the pictures at around 6pm. 9.5E looks fine but I have some heel slippage. Also, if they stretch, they will probably just close the gap which is not supposed to happen. Right? I am usually a 9.5 on everything and I got sized once at Nordstrom - 9.5D. Will the 9.5D stretch to close the gap to an acceptable level (especially the right foot - a full 1 inch)? How much heel slippage is too much? If I was to go with a half size down wider shoe, should I go with 9E, EE, or EEE? Thank you! 9.5D 9.5E
I would go 9.5e if I were you. -Mike

tomlu

Reaction score
The 9.5Ds are too tight, they're not supposed to flare like that. 9.5E looks like it's the right width. A *little* bit of heel slippage is OK as long as it's not too excessive. The shoes won't stretch, and the cork sole will shape to your feet which slightly reduces heel slippage with wear. You could try 9Es, but they will probably be too short.

You could also try experimenting with different lacing to see if that will reduce heel slippage a bit. Maybe try European Straight? It will probably look better too.

Last edited:

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I can think of a way to find out . . .
lol8[1].gif

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
Folks, does Allison still honor sale price when ordering an MTO? I was thinking of an MTO Stewart and Elgin, both currently being on sale.
She told me she's no longer able to honor clearance prices for MTO's, but can honor sale prices such as prices during the Rediscover America sale. I'm pretty sure the Stewart and Elgin are on clearance thus the pricing doesn't apply to MTO.

I emailed with Allison yesterday regarding my MTO Eagle County, and I mentioned that the Eagle County was down to $167 in black on the website. She politely told me that she could not lower my price to $167, and that she would no longer be able to honor clearance pricing in the future for MTOs, only sale prices. I figured this deal was to good to be true, and sadly it has been confirmed. I will enjoy my $197 MTO Eagle County boots when they arrive. Should be anytime, they were remade because they didn't pass inspection on the first run. Frustrates me because I was the first to order them, and others followed, and others have them and yet I still wait. I must be patient...

MKJ1

Reaction score
Heads up, additional 20% off clearance on AE.com. Sorry if already posted

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

Second pair of Rutledge seconds came in from the sale. Both my pairs have too many flaws for my taste which is too bad because it's probably my favorite AE shoe right now and the 3 last seems to be perfect on my feet. I guess I'm going to have to keep my shell Norwich instead!

I did notice that both Rutledges came with regular shoe bags, is that the case with everyone?

My pair or rutledges and Jeffersons that I sent back both came with regular shoe bags.

Indyoshi68

Reaction score
Can someone give me some technical assistance on how to even the level of shine between these two Cambridge medallions? The right one has a lot more shine than the left; no matter how much brushing and buffing elbow grease I apply, the left shoe just wont take on the glow that the right one did:

Any suggestions would be humbly received!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, now I really am going to need to make a decision between the Elgin or the Snuff Neumok. I think I may have to pass on the Elgin, I have always liked it but I think I will have a hard time finding when to wear it. It really doesn't seem that versatile with the natural welt. I always like them when they are alone but anytime Ii see an outfit pic with them they look odd.

The snuff Neumok is pretty damn nice though and would go with lots of my wardrobe.

AIK1891

Reaction score

and I love AE's customer service (just got off the phone) ... over the weekend I ordered McGraw suede loafers and a pair of Strawfut's, both said "up to 8 weeks." The McGraw's shipped and charged yesterday (so note, "up to 8 weeks" can mean 3 days). Today 20% sale notice. So I call in and not only get the Strawfut's cancelled and then re-ordered with the discount, but they refunded the 20% that had already charged on the McGraw's. With that $90 add total savings on those two pairs, along with the further 20% off, think I'm off to do some more shopping ...

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
the snuff suede Strands is probably too similar for me to consider the snuff snuede Neumoks right? Just picked up the suede Amoks in tan though. How''s the pricing? It was $115ish

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads