• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chen04

Reaction score
I'm afraid you're the only one who can answer that. If you don't have any shell cordovan, though, it seems burgundy is the place to start (since #8 is the most classic color for the material and it will match just about any color of outfit).

That's your decision if you want burgundy or brown.

I guess it depends if you want brown or if you are willing to settle for seconds

Great advice. I'll wait for them to come in and decide. Will post pics soon!

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Hm. I'll take it to my local guy and see what he can do. Thanks for the suggestions. FWIW, the lining is completely intact, so perhaps the cut is not as deep as it might appear.

Update: I told Vincenzo about the defect and he asked me to email the photo to him, which I did. He replied that it was "a bit more than what I like to see" for a second, and he offered to waive the restocking fee if I sent them back. I think I still want to get my local cobbler's opinion. These would occupy the perfect space on my rack and for $149 I'm really loath to let them go if it is truly just a cosmetic issue.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
I just emailed an outlet to ask about seconds and they had one left in any size...10.5B in black. It's a half size off and not even the color I want but I felt like I had to make the purchase because of fate and all.

I bet you a ham sandwich you send it back.
peepwall[1].gif

Last edited:

mavrik13

Reaction score
I saw that, and have searched - still doesn't really answer my question, specifically regarding the independence line closeouts that I see (listed for $229, same as other independence shoes). Would be a steal if they were included in the 2 for $250, was wondering if anyone knew either way whether they would be.

If anyone was wondering the same thing as me. Independence shoes are not part of the 2 for $250. Not terribly surprising I guess. In addition, they called the 2 for $250 nothing more than an 'internet rumour' at this point... that being said, I can't think of a time when this thread was wrong with predicting sales.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Uh oh. I'm pretty tolerant of defects in general and have never sent anything back...do you have particular insight here?

Not at all. I was just having fun with you given the fact that you purchased a shoe of the wrong size in a color you didn't want.

I hope you love them.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of the Pine River that I just got in from the seconds sale along with the Dundees. You can see that the defect is some creasing behind the strap area. That's no big deal in my book. The Danite soles are a nice touch to these. I plan to wear them casually and possibly business casual at times.

Those look cool as hell. I've lusted after them ever since the fall catalog was published. There are two pairs of firsts in my size still floating around. The only thing holding me back is...I already have several pairs of casual shoes. Can't really justify another pair. :(

We'll see how long my willpower holds out.

dapperdoctor

Reaction score
Those look cool as hell. I've lusted after them ever since the fall catalog was published. There are two pairs of firsts in my size still floating around. The only thing holding me back is...I already have several pairs of casual shoes. Can't really justify another pair. :(

We'll see how long my willpower holds out.

Well, they look even better on my feet than they do in the pictures. I'm not trying to empty your wallet or anything, but...yea.

coinopcollector

Reaction score
Ordered a pair of burgandy shell cordovan Randolphs on Monday on the $299 sale. I told the sales person, if there was any significant defect they were going back. He said he would call the warehouse and make sure I got a good pair. They arrived today and I am pretty sure I was sent first quality shoes for the $299 price. They are as perfect as a pair of AE first quality get and do not have the seconds stamp on the sole.
I am pretty darn happy.

wgiceman

Reaction score

Black calf Vernon seconds arrived today! Here's the defect: Almost looks like someone took a razor to it. I'm inclined to keep them anyway, but does anyone have any suggestions as to how the slash could be made a little less noticeable? TIA! P.S. The white areas around the welt are strictly tricks of the light.
Send those back!!

SeanP

Reaction score
Patriot fans:
How does the 6 last size compared to the 2 last? Would I need to go down a side with the wider forepart in the 6 last?

SeanMarcellus

Reaction score

Glad I didn't listen to most the post about these boots, AE Sun Valley. These are a great snow boot, so comfortable, lined with wool. Don't look bad far as I'm concerned. Got them last week after about a 2 mo. wait. It snowed 3-4 inches last night, I just got back from walking to the store. I like these as much as any of my other AE's, the fit is great with a thick sock.

Subutai

Reaction score
Black calf Vernon seconds arrived today! Here's the defect:

Almost looks like someone took a razor to it. I'm inclined to keep them anyway, but does anyone have any suggestions as to how the slash could be made a little less noticeable? TIA!

P.S. The white areas around the welt are strictly tricks of the light.

Ouch! I think I'm more tolerant than many when it comes to defects, but wow! A knife wound is excessive, I agree with the post above...SEND THOSE BACK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads