• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinngiskhaan

Reaction score
Apparently the original post was deleted. But until you return to your post and edit out the original quote, it will live on forever.

Yes... I did what I could to delete the original. It was certainly a most regrettable comment. My apologies to anyone who may have been, or in the future will be offended by the comment.

David Copeland

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a pair of Daltons for the winter, likely walnut, maybe bourbon. I wear a suit every day. I am wondering how well they would go with a suit. Though I'd just like to have a pair, I would also like to get some regular wear out of them.

Any thoughts?
Walnut and Bourbon look good.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Shell Townleys on a Monday (indoor/flash shot). Have a gr8 week, guys!

Nice Townley's Shiny!

I'm wearing mine today too.

Lovely shell Townleys, gentlemen!

David Copeland

Reaction score
Just sprung for my first pair of AE. Got a good deal on Ebay. So far I'm liking them quite well but I've only worn them once. Curious to see how the comfort and quality holds up over the long run.

Dress shoes with six (6) eyelets for lace are becoming harder to find in AE styles, even though the few AE still offers, like the Cambridge, present themselves with that extra flare of higher quality and dress. Even my 1999 version of the Sanford (which comes to 5 eyelets) resurfaced again just a couple of years ago to my delight . . . until I noticed they reduced the eyelets to only four.

Enjoy,

David

rc121

Reaction score
what shoes are these? they don't appear to be Daltons, or in walnut or bourbon

Last edited:

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dress shoes with six (6) eyelets for lace are becoming harder to find in AE styles, even though the few AE still offers, like the Cambridge, present themselves with that extra flare of higher quality and dress. Even my 1999 version of the Sanford (which comes to 5 eyelets) resurfaced again just a couple of years ago to my delight . . . until I noticed they reduced the eyelets to only four.

Enjoy,

David

Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue, Strand, McAllister, Jefferson, Harrison, Broadstreet, McTavish, Neumok, Ridgeway, Strandmok, and Morgan are all 6 eyelet balmorals.

Last edited:

David Copeland

Reaction score
It is becoming apparent that more and more folks are getting their collections up to $20,000 to $30,000 in value . . . but some are still showcasing them in plastic containers, over the counter shoe racks, or some other contraption that does not carry the same value as the shoes themselves.

I remember back in the 1990's when I started collecting films on DVD, and I chose to set aside an extra $1.00 per film for the cost of having the collection in an ever expanding walnut case. In the end I had collected over 5000 DVDs, and then began giving many away as the new technology entered as a choice.

Perhaps adding $30 to $50 per pair of shoes to be set aside for the housing of $350 to $650 shoes and boots would present the total package in showcasing AE shoes and boots.

IDEAS:

A relative small collection, but certainly expandable horizontally.

One of my favorites and certainly expandable.

Even good suits need to have a nice bedroom showcase

With the ability to showcase 60 pair, this selection is something to grow into.

Can showcase 24 of the best.

Like fine hardback books showcased, adding a proportional cost to the price of a good book, pair of shoes, or even fine wine - is much better than sticking precious items on the floor, in cardboard boxes, or other cheap means to store them.

I'm not suggesting it is easy to think ahead about the housing of shoes, but it can be done next time you choose to buy two pair and go with one, by saving the cash toward a showcase.

All my best,

David

OlafG

Reaction score

Obviously not Daltons, as they are not boots. I don't think these are Allen Edmonds at all, they look like bourbon Strands but they look sleeker than the 5 last.

Last edited:

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LL

Obviously not Daltons, as they are not boots. I don't think these are Allen Edmonds at all, they look like bourbon Strands but they look sleeker than the 5 last.

No, they are not AE. Their Brits. But the color (which can be achieved) shows it is suitable with dress trousers.

They are Tricker's Kensington.

Last edited:

OptoDoc

Reaction score
Brush them with your black brush (the brush that you use on your black shoes) and them shine them with your black cloth (the cloth that you use on your black shoes). There should be enough polish left on both your black brush and on your black cloth to have almost the same effect (Bourbon) that AE gets by polishing Walnut shoes with a black polishing wheel.

I feel like this would take years to achieve...and I hardly think it would look like AE's bourbon.

I'd say that if you have enough black polish left on your brush to alter the color of your walnut shoes, you are using too much polish to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads