• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very strange, sorry to ask, did you print out the sizing guide correctly and measured your fee, because UK sizes are normally half a size down compare to US. I have AE PA in US7E, and my Loake Capital F and 026G lasts in UK 6.5s.

and what Loakes do you have, since you wear 8.5 and 9 in them?

yep. printed everything correctly.

i wear the loake badminton in 9UK G and the herring knightsbridge in 8.5UK G pretty well for example, although the badminton has a little more room at the toes

the AE E fitting to me is like the F UK fitting, so you may need a US9E or EEE, but that is like a whole size difference to the size chart, which I believe is one of the best size charts out there....

So you need send an email to AE with your feet measurements to make sure, and let us know how you went :)

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Has anyone on this page ordered from user: AllAboutShoes?

The prices and selection he offers is quite impressive. Would love to hear from any first hand transactions.

THanks.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what was waiting for me when I got home

I really like the walnut grain. It looks a bit darker than my non-grain walnut - I'm guessing the grain texture makes it darker - but I really like it, especially on the MacNeil.

Chris

pudman43

Reaction score

Look what was waiting for me when I got home

I really like the walnut grain. It looks a bit darker than my non-grain walnut - I'm guessing the grain texture makes it darker - but I really like it, especially on the MacNeil.

Chris
Great purchase Chris, gorgeous! I have the exact same shoes and they're among my favorite pairs now. Great with slacks, great with jeans, very versatile....enjoy them! J

frogwash

Reaction score
I didn't purchase my originals from Nordstroms, but maybe I'll head over there, and pick up a pair, then return the ebay ones for a refund. Any idea how long the sale is on for? The closest Nordstrom's from me is a little ways away.

Thanks
-Scott

Usually the AE shoes sold on ebay have been marked... So, you should be weary about doing something like that.

He should be wary about doing that because it's criminal and it would be defrauding and ripping off Nordstrom.

JDHarman

Reaction score
Any wax polish will provide protection as it sits on top of the leather as a layer. If the polish is dark compare to the non burnished parts, yes, it will. So it's generally easier to use light polish, and a darker polish at the toes if you want to build up patina.

As in you can do the burnishing effects yourself.

Thank you! I appreciate the advice.

bgp001

Reaction score
He should be wary about doing that because it's criminal and it would be defrauding and ripping off Nordstrom.

You guys are harsh. I would guess he meant buy a pair from Nordstrom and return the previously purchased ones to the eBay seller.

basiameda

Reaction score
New to me Burgundy Shell MacNeils

As received

After some Renovateur, edge dressing, and brushing

RL Marlow Wingtips next to MacNeil Longwings

Some of the Shell Family. Left to Right: RL Marlow Brown Shortwings, AE Burgundy MacNeil Longwings, AE Burgundy Kenwood Beefroll Pennies, AE Burgundy Leeds, AE Burgundy Cambridges

Do you know that Macneil is cordovan based off the number code? I have a pair of similar hue that has a nice patina and is developing rolls as opposed to creasing but like this pair, mine does not have dove tail heels...

epc2

Reaction score
Sizing question.

I wear 9.5EE on the 5 last and 9.5E on Alden Barie, what size do you think I should try on the 7 (Mcneil) last.

Thanks.

David Copeland

Reaction score
David - a majority of your posts are about Nordstrom. What is your affiliation? Apologies if you've already addressed this.

+1. Curious about this as well (and just to be clear, I think you've been most helpful, just wanted to know if you're connected to the store or not).

I have no affiliation with Nordstroms or Hangerproject or eBay or Amazon or NeedSupply or Sid Mashburn or . . . anything I have referred members to.

As a consumer, I look for deals to purchase for myself. And if I am greatly satisfied with the end result of what I purchase, then I pass my experience along.

For now, the Norstrom Sale will continue to August and appears to be the best deal around. And if anyone wishes to visit one of their department stores, I strongly recommend you only deal with the MANAGER of that department - because of some reports of other sales associates not providing a professional sizing and fit. Managers seem to have at least 10 to 20 years experience. It was one of these managers that I have worked with in recent months - and that I can refer members to contact directly - - - primarily because he is one to be trusted and will offer sale prices on sizes and colors that the internet site are not showing.

Thanks for asking,

David

David Copeland

Reaction score
You guys are harsh. I would guess he meant buy a pair from Nordstrom and return the previously purchased ones to the eBay seller.
That is my interpretation . . . and completely legal and morally ethical.

If the eBay versions are returnable, even if he has to pay shipping, the Nordstrom version at a discount would give him a professional sizing and fit. Insist on seeing a MANAGER for the best service

David Copeland

Reaction score
Hello. I've lurked this forum for a while, and this is my first post, as I need some advice, and I'm a bit of a shoe-care-noob.

I just ordered a pair of Walnut Calf Daltons during the Nordstrom Sale, and I was hoping to get some advice on caring for them as soon as I pull them out of the box. I know there's the huge thread on shoe care, but I was hoping to get some advice directly from someone who already owns the Daltons, or something similar.

What I'm most concerned with is giving them a bit of protection before I even put them on my feet. I've read that it's a good idea to stay away from silicone waterproofing sprays, and that stuff like Obenauf's LP will darken the leather considerably. Will something like the AE Premium Polish (in Walnut, of Course) be sufficient to provide a bit of protection? Also, will that type of polish, when applied to a burnished finish like the Daltons', eventually build up and cover up the darker areas of the burnishing, changing the initial appearance of the boot? I'd like to maintain the burnished finish as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

My local Nordstrom store gave me a card for a free professional shoe shine on my new LONG BRANCH boots. The pro spent about 20 minutes applying a CREAM, light brushing, WAX, light brushing, and a BALM, followed by light brushing - all with COLOR MATCHING.

The out-of-the-box shine is a masked look. The result of the shine gave them a bit of a soft glow (see above pic)

All my best,

David
(Enjoying Montana Summer at 78 degrees)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads