• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
One of my sisters asked me to take my 8 yr. old nephew gator hunting one morning and like OptoDoc I prefer to go barefoot when gator hunting but I find it hard to drive barefoot.

C.I., any self-respecting Louisiana gator hunter wouldn't be caught out on the bateau without his 'Cajun Reeboks'.

Last edited:

Upward

Reaction score
If your local Nordstroms won't take them back, call AE customer service and explain the issue. This wouldn't be the first time that have had this issue

Nordstrom had zero sympathy for AE shoes I purchased that developed very deep creases after less than five wearings.

AE insisted I give them the shoe so they can replace it. The manager inspected the shoes and said the leather was substandard. He pointed out where AE uses the best leather on the shoes, where it is supposed to crease and where it isn't supposed to crease.

Upward

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I can keep more than one! As of now I plan to keep the FA in brown and the Strand in Walnut. (These are from the Nordstrom sale and the AE Tent Sale). This should hold me over until next year's sale when I can get a pair of black, or I can get the Black PA from Nordstrom now....)
AE will price match Nordstrom.

I think Strand in walunt will become your favorite shoe.

YoungSweet

Reaction score
Last edited:

ww21943

Reaction score
The Clifton was on sale for $199 back in June at Nordstrom. I was able to get a pair in Walnut.

If you have Nordstrom Rack locally, check it. I just saw a few pairs at the rack last week
Wish I knew! I really want to get a pair in Burnished Burgundy before September. I don't have a Rack near by. Does anybody know of any other upcoming sales?

Ennuis

Reaction score
Hi, i'm also new to AE and also about to bite the bullet on the AE strands on the nordstrom website.

I seem to size up as 8E, according to the AE size guide. However, after reading several threads i understand that the Strand is a 5 last, which is longer and narrower.

As I live in Australia, I can't go into a store and try them on for myself (best solution) so it is a bit of a gamble for me.

I own a few Loake 1880 shoes that are size 8.5UK or 9UK with a G fitting and they seem to fit me well if that gives some idea to anyone. And yes, I do have a bit of a wide foot.

Would just like some advice regarding this.

Thanks in advance

rc121

Reaction score

Hi, i'm also new to AE and also about to bite the bullet on the AE strands on the nordstrom website.

I seem to size up as 8E, according to the AE size guide. However, after reading several threads i understand that the Strand is a 5 last, which is longer and narrower.

As I live in Australia, I can't go into a store and try them on for myself (best solution) so it is a bit of a gamble for me.

I own a few Loake 1880 shoes that are size 8.5UK or 9UK with a G fitting and they seem to fit me well if that gives some idea to anyone. And yes, I do have a bit of a wide foot.

Would just like some advice regarding this.

Thanks in advance

Maybe someone else can give you more specific advice if they own some Loakes, but I can't imagine that you would be an 8US if you are an 8.5 or 9 UK, or that you would be less than a EE or EEE if you are a G fitting.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I received a pair of 2nds as a gift. However there are some creases and I would like either exchange it or return it for another style. I don't have a receipt since this was a gift. Any solutions to this? I'm not even sure which place he got it from. The shoe is unworn, but it has some creases on the leather.

spectatorsunday

Reaction score
The IMMINGHAM is a shoe similar to the AE Grayson... Made for Ralph Lauren. Wish I had some more information or pictures to post. Anyway seems like a nice shoe I wish I wore an 8E or 9E if I did I would order the chocolate suede which is available for $259.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would it be stupid to precondition new AE shoes with renovateur before wearing them? I'm not sure wether the leather is dried up if it sits in the factory boxes too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads