• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSizzle

Reaction score

Thanks Sizzz!!!! Who is Chris Hill? (I want to see more pix). Now we just need pics of the Mocha

I don't actually know, but I wanted to credit him since it was a picture that username uploaded (found through google). This eBay listing has a few pics of them too: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=110841069668 (sorry for the mobile link)

I've seen a pair of the olives in person, and the first image I mentioned seems to have captured the color accurately.

I've never actually seen mocha in person, but it sounds like it could be a good shade.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally got my Daltons from the Amazon sale a while back and whilst the luck of the draw was good for me with the strands the daltons would barely pass as acceptable factory seconds, fortunately most all the defects are on the ankle sides so no where visible that people would see - fortunately in the sense that its just about too much hassle to send them back from Aus.

So I have some questions..
* Is there a way to lace these things so they don't squeak when moving or any tips to make this disappear?
* Do the daltons have much give in terms of stretching? I have the 8.5D and 9.5D...truthfully a 9 or 8.5E may have been perfect, but live and learn, the 9.5's are fine and comfortable but I prefer a v.snug fit so the 8.5's would be preferrable if theres some stretch in them over time as some boots seem prone to?

Thanks

Last edited:

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
I finally got my Daltons from the Amazon sale a while back and whilst the luck of the draw was good for me with the strands the daltons would barely pass as acceptable factory seconds, fortunately most all the defects are on the ankle sides so no where visible that people would see - fortunately in the sense that its just about too much hassle to send them back from Aus.

So I have some questions..
* Is there a way to lace these things so they don't squeak when moving or any tips to make this disappear?
* Do the daltons have much give in terms of stretching? I have the 8.5D and 9.5D...truthfully a 9 or 8.5E may have been perfect, but live and learn, the 9.5's are fine and comfortable but I prefer a v.snug fit so the 8.5's would be preferrable if theres some stretch in them over time as some boots seem prone to?

Thanks

No squeaking from mine when laced this way. I have only had these a few weeks so I can't tell you about any stretching issues, but have no squeaking.

StarterStyle

Reaction score
If the squeaking is from the sole or heel, no. It may work itself out in time.

Shoes and boots will give and break in as much as they need to, in mostly all areas except for what's directly stitched to the sole. Those ankle bone "bubbles" will stretch out but the toebox won't get any wider.

harlequin782

Reaction score
Im very torn between the Cordovan Leeds vs. the Cordovan Dundee. They look to essentially be the same PTB type shoe, with the only real exception being boot vs. regular blutcher (3 eyelet vs. 5 eyelet). And the Leeds appears to have some pinking around the welt, whereas the Dundee doesnt. But for the same price, which one seems better?

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im very torn between the Cordovan Leeds vs. the Cordovan Dundee.  They look to essentially be the same PTB type shoe, with the only exception being boot vs. regular blutcher.  And the Leeds appears to have some pinking around the welt, whereas the Dundee doesnt.  But for the same price, which one seems better?

It depends on your current collection and intended uses. All things being equal, I would choose the Leeds, as they are a touch more versatile (easy to dress down, and dress up). The Dundee is easy to dress down, but not quite as easy as the Leeds to dress up (e.g., suits).

harlequin782

Reaction score
It depends on your current collection and intended uses. All things being equal, I would choose the Leeds, as they are a touch more versatile (easy to dress down, and dress up). The Dundee is easy to dress down, but not quite as easy as the Leeds to dress up (e.g., suits).

Thank you. I think you're right. And Im sure the Leeds will fit the bill for my first all purpose dress shoe/blutcher + my first foray into cordovan. I currently own the Merlot McAllister and the Walnut Fifth Ave.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the squeaking is from the sole or heel, no. It may work itself out in time.
Shoes and boots will give and break in as much as they need to, in mostly all areas except for what's directly stitched to the sole. Those ankle bone "bubbles" will stretch out but the toebox won't get any wider.

Thanks, yes it does feel like an extremely solid toebox so best keep the 9.5's then.

I want to get the Shell Cordovan ones now, I have heard the shell leather tends to be more flexible, is that just in general or should I anticpate some stretch in the toebox on those?

Thanks

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No squeaking from mine when laced this way. I have only had these a few weeks so I can't tell you about any stretching issues, but have no squeaking.

Thanks for responding, interesting I am not familar with how you have done that but I shall research it tonight and give it a go, thanks again.

poena

Reaction score

I do not know if this deserves its own thread. I wanted to let the community know that there is a good sale on at the moment for factory seconds. I pulled the trigger on 4 shoes already and have thoughts of picking up another two. At least in my size the selection is wonderful, including a number of cordovan models, including strands.
I bought the following: Walnut Dalton, Blue Neumok, Snuff Amok, and Merlot Mcallister.
If you use the link below, you will note the sale is essentially $50 off the 1st pair and $100 off the second pair (discount applied after the already low price for the seconds).
As posted many times in this thread, call the outlet at (262) 284-7158 to get them to email you a spreadsheet of availability in your size.
http://echo2.bluehornet.com/hostede...3c94c249451b60d37d4867a07997626f&ei=QB0MPIT1N

is this in an outlet store only? no online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads