Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Senior member

2. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior member

3. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Navy/grey would look good with a blue seersucker suit, and finally a webgem available in AA width -- I'd be vaguely tempted if I hadn't sworn off shoe purchases until November.

4. bobbyz

bobbyz Well-Known Member

Got an e-mail from the AE shoe bank that they were planning to stop shipping using USPS and move to FedEx for shipments to Canada. I'm not sure when it starts (one e-mail said Jan 1, the other said March) but is a shame to hear either way

5. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Hey, what are Rag & Bone boots doing on the AE thread?!

[​IMG]

Well, I'll tell you. I saw these boots in a store and really liked them, and I ended getting myself a gift. They are the Rowan model, and they say they are handmade in the US. The store personnel did not know who makes them (not surprising). I did some searching and could not find any information, but this morning I had an epiphany - they must be made by Allen Edmonds! The fit and construction seem very similar to the Wolverine 744, also made by AE. And the price point fits right in, too - $370, which seems about right given AE's usual ~$350 for its own boots.

I highly recommend these. They fit just like the Wolverines, which is very comfortable. The leather is buttery soft - really, a step up from what I've seen on AE's own shoes. And I love the bellows tongue. They have some slight distressing (sanding on some spots) that I could do without. But otherwise, I'm in love.

More pictures, including comparison to 744s:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012

6. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

Thanks for the post, I've been considering ordering them for a while but wanted to see what they looked like other than the photo on the website. Those look really nice!

7. ezboy1000

ezboy1000 Senior member

I do not know if this deserves its own thread. I wanted to let the community know that there is a good sale on at the moment for factory seconds. I pulled the trigger on 4 shoes already and have thoughts of picking up another two. At least in my size the selection is wonderful, including a number of cordovan models, including strands.

I bought the following: Walnut Dalton, Blue Neumok, Snuff Amok, and Merlot Mcallister.

If you use the link below, you will note the sale is essentially $50 off the 1st pair and $100 off the second pair (discount applied after the already low price for the seconds).

As posted many times in this thread, call the outlet at (262) 284-7158 to get them to email you a spreadsheet of availability in your size.

http://echo2.bluehornet.com/hostede...3c94c249451b60d37d4867a07997626f&ei=QB0MPIT1N

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012

8. ezboy1000

ezboy1000 Senior member

I just realized that I could get the Snuff Suede Amok or the Snuff Suede Neumok for the same price ($100 for either pair), given that the Amok is not on the deal I posted above (all discontinued models are excluded and already heavily discounted). If I bought the Neumok in suede it would get the $100 off the $200 price.

Any input gents? To be clear, these are from the second run of Amok, not the first squeaky run. I asked specifically about that.

9. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I have a pair of the amok from the second run and have worn maybe half a dozen times and love them no squeak what so ever and very comfortable to me

10. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Chris Hill posted this picture of some olive ones (when he was trying to sell them, I believe).

[​IMG]

11. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

I guess I am going to have to buy some more shoes then....

12. StarterStyle

StarterStyle Senior member

I just picked up some AE plain toe bluchers in chili calf leather. What goes with chili?

13. Mazderati

Mazderati Well-Known Member

14. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

With this factory seconds sale, i'm probably going to grab a couple of more pair. I would like some feedback on what to get. My current collection consists of Tan Elgins, Walnut Daltons, Tan Suede Amok, Chili Grain Randolph, Chili Maxwell, and Brown Burnished Pomona. I'm thinking about another boot, possibly Bayfield or Cronmoks and not sure on what other to purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.