1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Much appreciated random-adam! [​IMG]

And I'm purchasing the brown shell PA to be my go to brown shoe for the next decade or so. Already have calf PA in brown, burgundy, and black....but the brown is looking a little worse for wear these days. If I like it, I'll probably phase out all the calf and replace with burgundy.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Hmmm... Sun, warmth, great music, beautiful ladies, and real seafood. Although I wouldn't turn down some red beans and rice right now.... If we can talk Al into bringing a Shoofly pie down for desert and a brick or 2 of Scrapple for breakfast I'll buy ALL the beer!! [​IMG]

3. JermynStreet

JermynStreet Senior member

This is part of the 2 for 250?

4. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

No, these are $299/each. Pretty good price for shell. It's not as good as $125, but still good....

5. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Pretty good?!?! That price is amazing! It's essentially half price, and it's a more exotic shell.

Someone please tell me that I have to save money for my wedding, because I'm very close to pulling the trigger on these.

6. jvc44

jvc44 Senior member

Al pull the trigger! My daughters getting married next sat and I pulled it ! They are great and what 300 in the scheme of a wedding? A few flowers is all!

7. tampatravel

Oh it's amazing all right Al, it's just that some people were able to pull some shell last sale for $125. <-- Those are fire sale prices!

You're saving for the wedding....You're saving for the wedding...You'll never see a deal like this for a long time...You're saving for your wedding...the wedding...the wedding :)

8. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

If your getting married NOW is the time to get them, before it is too late! Just saying.....

We are all here for you [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. tampatravel

Besides...these are rehearsal dinner shoes if anyone asks! [​IMG]

10. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

This, my friend, is a deal. I'd also like him to bring one of those roast pork/broccoli rabe sandwiches.

11. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

Major props to jvc. I got a pair in my size! Can't wait to get them.

This is a great thread. Keep posting deals! Edit: Post the next deal after my next paycheck, lol.

12. Al in Philly

Why only two bricks of scrapple? [​IMG]

13. Al in Philly

You guys aren't helping... Or are you helping? I haven't decided that one yet.

These are on the 1 last? I do have Malvern's in 10D on the 1 last so I know they'll fit...[​IMG]

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Thought I'd mention that I am pretty sure Carmina uses shell from an Italian supplier called Comipel, not from Horween like the others. It is supposedly shinier, a little softer, and more "calf" feeling than Horween's shell. Tricker's also uses it.

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

This is awesome. Just ordered a pair. Thanks for posting!

Also, I think this was said before, but just to be clear. These are first quality. Rick said he's a retail store and cannot sell seconds.

$299 is insane. I think the shell looks great on this design. And this color shell is hard to find.

16. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

I wasn't sure you could get any through TSA! I have had Leona Meat Plant in Troy Pa. (Bradford County) ship me some before, they get it from Sunbury, Pa. How a man can go hunting without a decent breakfast of scrapple is beyond me...

[​IMG]

The Malvern is a flyer on the 1 last, it fits much tighter than any other 1 last shoe or boot that I own. I returned mine. Go for it.... you can always return them if they don't fit?

17. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

Congrats!! And I owe you, I should have sent you a PM to make sure you saw these [​IMG]

18. Septimus

Septimus Senior member

Townleys are so tempting...

I wear a 10D in the 5 last (Fifth Avenue and McAllister). Would 10D or 10.5D be better on the 1 last? Any idea?

19. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

No problem. I check in once a day here when I can; just have not posted a lot lately. It took me about 30 seconds to think about it, because it likely means I'll put off the RL Marlow again for a while (similar). But then when I saw the list of sizes left, I somehow mentally decided I should just call and get it over with! I loved the pictures of these when the gent before got them for $125. I don't know why I even hesitated here. Something about shell really lends itself to bluchers, captoes, and brogueing, especially in this color. And this is a good last for me.

1 person likes this.
  20. Al in Philly

I don't know how man existed before scrapple!

Are you saying the Malvern fits tighter, or the Townley fits tighter? Because my malvern's are a bit tight on me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.