• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[
URL=http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/589188/]
LL
[/URL]

I just got mine in and they are perfect fit and outside the toe perfect looking. Now I had already decided to run a coat of black over it to darken and give it a more burnished look. What do you guys think. if this was first qualty price I know they would go back but at this price and after the polishing? just dont know what to do

If it's just a polish scuff and the leather is not damaged, I would keep them. Polishing is easy. Any boot you get in return will have defect if seconds, so there's some value in knowing what you have already.

adsmith4

Reaction score

Krauses did not quite work for me due to sizing. May I ask if they had all sizes of Bayfields? Color?

I saw a few pairs, they didn't have my size in the Bayfield in store but they did have a couple of pair in the warehouse. I am an 8D so there is only one of those left now. The color is Brown Chromexcel. If you are interested, call them and ask. They will ship anywhere. The guy to talk to is Adam, tell them Andrew Smith sent you. Maybe I will get a commission out of it haha. The number is 205-699-6566.

Michael Haines

Reaction score
Well I think I am going to go home and put a few coats of Reno of them and then a coat of black polish and see.

On a side note I got a call from my shoe guys who informed me my pair of Alden Indy boots 403 came in... shoot I forgot about them. My wife is going to kill me

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happened to be home when FedEx came with my Wolverine 744 seconds. I just ripped open the box and threw these on, so you'll have to excuse the white socks.
shog[1].gif

All I can say is WOW!
I haven't looked at these long enough to determine the reason for them being seconds. It could be that the right toe cap is slightly crooked; or it could be that the left boot is dull compared to the right. I'm starting to think that the Wolverine standards are higher for firsts, because of the relatively higher prices they charge.
But I don't care - you'll have to pry these off my cold, dead feet. I'm going to shine these up to look like Cold Iron's!
And I went TTS on mine. I can see that the MAY be a touch large to size, but I err on the large side rather than the small. These seem about perfect to me.
Here is a crappy, quick cell phone pic. I'll post more later.
Congrats, Very nice.

Last edited:

supernsx

Reaction score

Well I think I am going to go home and put a few coats of Reno of them and then a coat of black polish and see.

On a side note I got a call from my shoe guys who informed me my pair of Alden Indy boots 403 came in... shoot I forgot about them. My wife is going to kill me

Please post some pictures after it is done. Would love to know how that will look like. thanks!

Michael Haines

Reaction score
I will post pictures here in a bit but so far so good its more a dark cherry now which is good with the blemish and the need for more burnishing p

Please post some pictures after it is done. Would love to know how that will look like. thanks![/quote

I will post pictures soon. So far it's coming out great. I wanted a more dark cherry look and with the toe blemish I had to go there but now I really do love them even if I am the only one

Last edited:

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my Randolph chili grain loafers today from the AE outlet in 9.5D for $99. I couldn't get my feet into them but then tried manually stretching them with a shoe tree. I'm sure this ain't that good for the shoe but there was no way I could get my feet in. They seemed really small.

Now I am able to slide into them with a bit of struggle with the shoe horn. Once they are on though they fit snug and pretty good (a bit tight). I imagine though that being loafers they will stretch out just enough where eventually I will be able to slide into them on more easily. How long will this usually take? 5 wears of 8 hours? I'm wearing them around the house currently. Are there any other methods to have them stretch out a bit without buying a shoe stretcher or paying a cobbler?

The loafers look great though, love the shape, fit is good too when they're on, and the look of the grain. Big thanks to bucksfan, as his Randolph shell pair introduced me to this model. I would have loved shell but at $99 I had to grab em.

PS - I can't detect the defect(s) from my untrained eyes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads