Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khe86

khe86 Senior member

Do you work for AE outlet/shoebank? The $99 brown ashbury is the "Brown Distressed Leather," correct?

2. catside

catside Senior member

Same here for a 9E. Hopefully Jay signs back.

3. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

Congrats on the 744s!
    It's cliche, but I think I like the idea of them being numbered as part of a limited series... #34 for me.

These are super comfy and are getting a bit more rotation on my casual days then the ole reliable Daltons are.

4. horsey shoes

horsey shoes Senior member

I got my 744s from this guy on eBay. I paid first quality price but confirmed that the boots had no defects.

Looks like he has an 11.5D and 12D on auction, but it would be worth reaching out to him to see if he is getting your size in stock as I believe he has restocked on these a couple of times.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-7...69?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item1c2e37ee25

5. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

yeah I was hoping to find a pair in seconds love the 399 price

6. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior member

Thanks to bucksfan for the heads up on the boots at the outlet. Here are some pics of the Illford (Ralph Lauren Boots). They are quite handsome, I was a bit afraid they were going to be too bright yellow tan from the picture bucksfan posted, but they are closer to a walnut color. It's a simple but very nice boot. I really do wish Allen Edmonds would make this exact boot in different colors a staple in their line-up. It's about the only thing missing from their lineup and I'm sure it would do very well.

Very close to the color of the walnut strands, strands are slightly different due to being conditioned earlier in the week. Illfords are pictured as is straight from the box. At the price quoted, they were a real steal. There were a few scuffs near the tongue?/lacing area, the canvas is slightly dirty on some parts, but I do not mind as they will probably spend a majority of time under either jeans or slacks. There are dings on the soles, but these will get banged up during use.

After lacing up and using the speed hooks on the boots, they are snug, but comfortable. They'll only probably get more comfortable over time, though the shoe did squeak probably due to the laces against the leather. These will be nice casual and comfortable boots to break out during the weekend. For reference my 5 last size is 8.5D and I ordered the boots in 8.5D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jay Clay

Jay Clay Active Member

they're still 399, just let me know your size

8. Jay Clay

Jay Clay Active Member

yup! not sure if ALL the stores are still doing the $99 but as far as I know, we still are

9. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

10. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

This thread just went to epic. Jay can you disclose if there will be another sale for Christmas, Boxing Day, or New Years? Or when the next big sale will be?

11. catside

catside Senior member

How do you size 744s? I'm 9E in 1 last. 9.5 Krauses were a size large.

12. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

[​IMG]

Unlucky.

Fitwise, they fit exactly the same as the Classic 1K's and my 721 LTD's; that is, exactly half a size large.

I wear a 9.5 in most AE lasts. 9 in Wolverines.

Leffot says the 744 is TTS because it's a different last than the normal 1K. The 744 last is the same as the 721. Leffot is smoking crack:

[​IMG]

13. Jay Clay

Jay Clay Active Member

When I go in tomorrow morning I'll definitely check for you guys and I'll hop back on and let you know what's going on... I know we have a sale right now that ends on the 9th. All of the factory second park and strand are only $199 (any color) and if your skeptical about the look of it I'll give it a once over for you and let you know if there are any serious issues with the shoe. . . be got a couple styles that are $159 as well... I believe it's the Parkway, Westchester, and Regent St. I'll keep you guys posted though. any other questions, you guys feel free to message me on here or hit my email account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.