• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently ordered some McTavishes and had a really, really hard time picking between black and tan waxy leathers. They also seem to be much larger than the stated size -- hope its not just me.

Just one man's opinion, but I really love the look of the tan waxy McTavish in person. I'm actually eyeing up either the tan McTavish or the similarly colored Elgin. One of those two shoes will be my next AE purchase, just have to decide which!

rxcats

Reaction score
Just a "head's-up". You can order various new Allen Edmond's shoes on Amazon right now at a 15% discount over retail. Enter SHOEFITS as a promotional code. I think it continues until May 24th. I just bought a pair of Neumok (red) for $212.15 with free shipping (Amazon Prime member) and no tax collected. They still had my size (11D) even though the AE website has it backordered.

I think you can still order from allaboutshoes here on the message board as well. He now lists the prices at full retail, but I suspect you can get a "promo code" from him if you PM what you are looking for. I plan on ordering Dalton boots in dark chocolate brown from him, but I know that AE has a 6+ week backorder for now. I have bought 3 new pairs of shoes in the last week so I need to hold off another 6 weeks anyway.

calidist

Reaction score
I'm curious for those of you that have Daltons or Bayfields that you consider fit well, where does the tip of your toes come to in the boot relative to the center tip of the wingtip on the Daltons or the cap on the Bayfields?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know the Fabriano got some love here earlier. Any opinions on how it compares to the older Vinci and Cerreto? They it in my size in the clearance sale; wondering if I should give it a try.

Get it, even if you have to return it later...

It's from the Seven Collection, the construction and quality will be fantastic.

mekato1

Reaction score
@BFBFB: Thanks. I'm not a big fan of the brown for the neumok.

@rxcats: If if you are D size, you can get the Neumok on Endless for $200 after coupon (ends today) or lower with different cashback sites like ebates (13% for endless).

asalerno

Reaction score
My walnut Kenilworth came in today - they are great! at $149 for good quality seconds, these were a steal. They fit bigger than the strands in the same size, but I actually prefer the bigger size (I think this means my strands are a bit snug for me). Anyway - here is a photo (with and without flash). I might actually pick up a second pair in brown or black while they are on sale.

f800gs

Reaction score

anybody been to AE outlet store in Tanger Outlet Mebane, North Carolina? i'm thinking of going there and check it out.

Yep, just picked up some Kenwoods yesterday.

I live in Chapel Hill so it is just a quick 20 min. Trip on 40.

I like dealing with Doug but all the SA's are very well informed about fit etc.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My walnut Kenilworth came in today - they are great!  at $149 for good quality seconds, these were a steal.  They fit bigger than the strands in the same size, but I actually prefer the bigger size (I think this means my strands are a bit snug for me).  Anyway - here is a photo (with and without flash).  I might actually pick up a second pair in brown or black while they are on sale.

Well done, good sir, they look brilliant :slayer:

smilelouis

Reaction score
Yep, just picked up some Kenwoods yesterday.
I live in Chapel Hill so it is just a quick 20 min. Trip on 40.
I like dealing with Doug but all the SA's are very well informed about fit etc.
:) thanks
you know i'm living in DC.
to go or not to go? it is a question for me. IT IS 280 Miles drive^^^^^^^^
that is why i want to know if it is worth a 5-hour-drive.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got a pair of Kenilworths for 218.  Thanks for the tip rxcats!

Assuming you know your Park Avenue size, did you order the same size since they are on the same last? I gather that the Kenilworth runs slightly larger, but I'm not sure if it's a whole 1/2 size larger.

f800gs

Reaction score

:) thanks
you know i'm living in DC. 
to go or not to go? it is a question for me. IT IS 280 Miles drive^^^^^^^^
that is why i want to know if it is worth a 5-hour-drive.

In a word NO!

Nice store but limited sizes, sure they can check company wide inventory and have it shipped but...

Now if there is some other reason that brings you to the area sure check it out.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, I purchased AE 5th St boot in dark brown form endless sale. I am a US8EEE. Since these boots don’t come in EEE I bought 8.5D. I don’t own any AE currently but do have few RL (made by AE) in 8E (I assume they are 8D but marked as E for Australian market)which are extremely painful due to the narrow toe box.
Any thought on how 8.5 would fit ?
Thanks in advance .

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, I purchased AE 5th St boot in dark brown form endless sale. I am a US8EEE. Since these boots don’t come in EEE I bought 8.5D. I don’t own any AE currently but do have few RL (made by AE) in 8E (I assume they are 8D but marked as E for Australian market)which are extremely painful due to the narrow toe box.
Any thought on how 8.5 would fit ?
Thanks in advance .

Since its the 5 last (long and narrow), I'd say that an 8.5D will fit similarly to what you'd normally expect from a TTS 9C/9B. The general rule for this last is take your Brannock size and go down one in length, and up one in width to compensate. Doesn't always work though and some people even go up sizes!

Can't really say how it will fit compared to the RL boots without knowing which AE last they were made on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads