• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I can't remember and the search function isn't proving useful...where does AllAboutShoes get his inventory?

I do not think it has ever been disclosed, but speculation was that either he or a friend are a shoe retailier who has an account with AE. I think this is also the reason why there are no returns, but others are more knowledgeable than me on whether or not he takes returns.

spitshine123

Reaction score
Just picked up the Chili Delrays on Amazon with the 20% off promo on top of the Rediscover price. Total comes out to just under $200.
I also have the bourbon Amsterdams in the mail right now. MY BANK ACCOUNT
ffffuuuu.gif

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to thIs forum I bought my first pair of AE. Black Delrays. They are fantastic! I've worn the green label Cole Haan in the past and have a brown pair right now but the AE are leagues above. Now I'm looking at getting boots. Anyone have experience with the Eagle County yet? I know eh are new. Looking at those or Dalton's. and blue Neumoks. And and and...

Daltons!!!!

seer

Reaction score
Stitching on the tongue? I have noticed on my new AE shoes and boots that the tongue is stiched to one side of the shoe. Do you guys leave this? It could be separated easily.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stitching on the tongue? I have noticed on my new AE shoes and boots that the tongue is stiched to one side of the shoe. Do you guys leave this? It could be separated easily.  

This is normal for boots. It helps keep the tongue in place.

CheddarBread

Reaction score
Those look great. Signed up for a SF account just to comment. Did the red laces come with them, or did you switch them out? Either way, very smart looking.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great. Signed up for a SF account just to comment. Did the red laces come with them, or did you switch them out? Either way, very smart looking.

You're in for some ****. Get ready to spend, spend, spend.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. Sufficient caloric intake or another pair of shell shoes shouldn't be this difficult a choice.
Hahaha. Quite easy. Shell >

dancingbear

Reaction score
Went to the Charlotte, NC AE store this evening to order the Patriot (size 15). Saw the new fall shoes and was pleasantly surprised by how good many of them looked.

The Haight was the biggest surprise. I liked the look so much, I almost bought them. What held me back was the brown color was just a couple of shades too dark. In fact there is a lack of med brown color in dress styles. I am hoping the new bourbon color helps resolve this.

The Cronmok in brown looked great! I don't have any Rough Collection shoes yet. These might be my first before the end of the sale. I can see they will work great with jeans. Not so sure about khakis.

Other observation. There were combination tap soles everywhere. AE is making a big push with these. Does anyone know the thought behind this? Can anyone report the difference in feel?

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys Sorry of already mentioned but I have a pair of shell cordovan Dalton's and was looking at the allen Edmond sale on belts. Which one would you guys suggest

I don't have it yet but many have recommended the Manistee in walnut. I'm assuming you have the walnut shell Dalton's. it doesn't have the best discount but better than full retail. I am considering buying before the sale ends.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my blue suede "Stewart" from Lands End Canvas. Here are photos:

Last edited:

facet

Reaction score

Just got my blue suede "Stewart" from Lands End Canvas. Here's are photos:

I remember seeing those when I was looking around for a suede PTB; I thought they looked awesome. Thanks for posting the pics, the blue looks fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads