Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I had the same experience with the 333 last compared to the 5 last. The 333 last accommodates my wide size, and I take 10.5 EEE in both lasts. I like the fit of the 333 last on my feel better actually...

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Hmmm . . interesting. How do you like the Parkways? I like the shape and hearing that it accommodates a wider foot is a good thing, but I'm not sure about the stitching.

3. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

TTS. To put it in perspective, I wear a 9D in the McAllister and a 9D in the Cronmok.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

4. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

I love my Parkways. I was about to sell them, but didn't have the heart to. The stitching is actually my favorite part of the shoe. In brown burnished, it is a great elegant detail and reminds me of the Alden Tanker and LHS

5. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

It's strickly a casual shoe, I agree on that point. The fit is really good actually, a lot better than the 5 last for me. Like I mentioned before, absolutely no bowing, no heel slippage, and the shoes lay flush on this pair, unlike all my other AEs (with the exception of the Seven line). I'm very pleased with them so far, wore them one days for an 12 hour time, and was very comfortable.

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Do you think it works for a sport coat or suit? I'm looking for a pair of versatile black shoes that can range from slacks and a sweater to sport coat level or suit (in a pinch). I wear balmorals with a suit, but want something more informal to wear with charcoal slacks and a grey herringbone sport coat.

Edit: Just saw Jubei's answer to this question.

7. gooter

gooter Senior member

You chaps have any opinions on the Long Branch boot? I am thinking about picking them up as a casual fall/winter boot. I live in Canada, so I do get snow. I thought they would be great to wear with jeans or any kind of casual pant really. And having the rubber sole would be beneficial for the winter months I'd reckon. At some point I also want to get a pair of Daltons, but since they have a leather sole I don't think they would work very well as a winter boot up here.

8. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

I think it would go fine with anything less than a full suit. I wouldn't hesitate to wear it with slacks and a sportcoat if you got the shoe in brown or black. The grey and walnut look very casual though

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

This is absolutely true. Rest one day with trees between wearing, and all you'll need to do is resole them for their lifetime; with the occasional recrafting if you like. 3 shoes worn every day ruins each individual shoe to the point where they won't be able to be repaired at all.

10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Thanks for posting a pix of these in the wild, DJ. I had written off the Cronmoks based on the pics on the AE site but yours look really nice. Will have to go try a pair before Oct 9th.

11. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Just received my first Pair of AE's today according to FedEx Shipping.
    Placed the order late in the day on the 25th due to the discount on Park Aves for the Rediscover America sale. The site said expect 3-4 weeks until delivery due to back orders but I got a shipping notice yesterday and a delivery confirmation today! I'm really excited to get them in hand.
    I also ordered a pair of Walnut Strands from SF member AllAboutShoes which should be a couple of weeks yet.

These will join the ranks of two pre-SF purchases of Bruno Magli's (a dark brown wingtip and a green suede tassel Loafer) and a few Cole Haans I'm working to phase out.

12. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

I saw the Long Branch in dark brown in person and really liked it. I am tempted to get a pair, but I don't wear boots that often, so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I would think they would be great for Canada and the snow. The rubber lug sole would work much better than a leather sole. And they will look great with jeans, twills, cords, etc.

Just my .02.

Chris

13. Hobbstc

Hobbstc Well-Known Member

Thanks to thIs forum I bought my first pair of AE. Black Delrays. They are fantastic! I've worn the green label Cole Haan in the past and have a brown pair right now but the AE are leagues above. Now I'm looking at getting boots. Anyone have experience with the Eagle County yet? I know eh are new. Looking at those or Dalton's. and blue Neumoks. And and and...

14. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I can't remember and the search function isn't proving useful...where does AllAboutShoes get his inventory?

15. gooter

gooter Senior member

Thanks for your input, Chris. I think I am going to get a pair, now I just need to decide on colour. I was leaning toward the dark brown, but lately the grey has been catching my attention too. One thing going against grey though is I dont think they'd work with grey pants. Decisions decisions!

Edit: and now I'm looking on the AE site and the lighter brown looks darn nice too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.