• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dls6128

Reaction score

Just picked up the Chili Delrays on Amazon with the 20% off promo on top of the Rediscover price. Total comes out to just under $200.
I also have the bourbon Amsterdams in the mail right now. MY BANK ACCOUNT :fu:

Sorry, I've been trying to figure this out, but how do I get the 20% off coupon?

Edit: Never mind, I guess I just needed five more minutes. To sign up, go here: http://www.amazon.com/b/?&node=5637565011

Last edited:

horsey shoes

Reaction score

Beautiful brown, congrats! Did you use Renovator or an actual Saphir paste polish?

I'm not sure what to do. I'd love to buy a pair of Neumoras from him, but have never worn the 333 last and cannot get to the AE store in New Orleans to try them on for at least a couple of months. I am an 8.5E in the 5 and 8 last.

OptoDoc, I am an 8E on the 5 last so pretty close. I had my SA bring in Neumoras in 8.5D, 8.5E, and 8E. I ended up going with the 8E as the length was more correct. But, I probably could have gone down to an 8D as the E width has a good amount of play around the ball and blade sides of the foot. Not enough to want to return them, but probably could have gone for a smaller width.

I am noticing the same toe box creasing like others are and not too terribly bothered by it, but creasing none the less.

seer

Reaction score
That is even more impressive. What polish did you use? Could you share your process?
First I darkened them with Neastsfoot oil (though any boot oil would work) then I used Renovator then later in the day Saphir paste - clear paste. You have to give it enough time between applications. I waited hours after using the boot oil before either Saphir.

dancingbear

Reaction score

First I darkened them with Neastsfoot oil (though any boot oil would work) then I used Renovator then later in the day Saphir paste - clear paste. You have to give it enough time between applications. I waited hours after using the boot oil before either Saphir.

Thank you. I doubt my skills are up to reproducing your results, but I may have to give it a try.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know what you mean. Unless I know the last very well, I won't buy from anywhere that doesn't have a generous return policy.

Yeah, this is true. I was only thinking in terms of quality with him. I actually did make sure to check on the size on the last before ordering. I should probably find my way into a store to try on the 333 before I leave Wisconsin.

DJTraveler

Reaction score
Yeah, this is true. I was only thinking in terms of quality with him. I actually did make sure to check on the size on the last before ordering. I should probably find my way into a store to try on the 333 before I leave Wisconsin.

You can just buy a 333 last shoe on amazon, ae.com, or zappos. They have free shipping and free returns. After you try it on, just send it back if it doesn't fit.

Layered Player

Reaction score
Have an AE outlet near me, what quality can I expect?

BTW, its Freeport, ME, where all the lesser stars in the firmament cluster around the Nova that is LL Bean.

Jigg

Reaction score

The brown looks great though I'm not experienced enough to play around like that.
How did the brown look before you did it?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my custom ordered cordovan Delrays, that got damaged upon completion 1 1/2 weeks ago, are now on hold because AE is running low on cordovan. They now estimate 4 more weeks for completion... :fu:

Last edited:

Doctor Damage

Reaction score
Photos of the new AE Patriot loafers, from official sites. If anyone around here has experience with both this shoe and the Alden Van last, please comment on the fit over the instep / top of the foot. I'm one of the 50% who find the Van last painful, so I'm hoping the AE Patriot has more room.

ElDave

Reaction score

Photos of the new AE Patriot loafers, from official sites. If anyone around here has experience with both this shoe and the Alden Van last, please comment on the fit over the instep / top of the foot. I'm one of the 50% who find the Van last painful, so I'm hoping the AE Patriot has more room.

Have you looked into the Alden/BB version that is unlined? I have a high instep and the unlined version is very comfortable for me. Comparing that photo to a pair I have sitting right here, I would say they look to have equal insteps - I would think the difference would be negligible.

Btw, is there such thing as intellectual property infringement in the world of clothing? I mean, the Patriot is clearly a copy of the LHS.

seer

Reaction score
The brown looks great though I'm not experienced enough to play around like that.
How did the brown look before you did it?
Someone else posted his new brown Cronmoks a thread or two back - they looked just like that. Don't get me wrong, they look great out of the box - I just like a darker shoe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads