Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

2. theinternet

theinternet Well-Known Member

Loving the brown finish. I just returned my tan Cronmok's and am waiting for the brown to come in. The tan finish was just too light and looked almost sickly. I can't imagine how one would keep those things looking nice without polishing weekly.

AE's website said 3-5 weeks for my brown Cronmok's, but I just got a shipment confirmation that the boots will arrive on Tuesday! Thanks for posting your picture, the brown looks fantastic!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  3. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

4. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

5. seer

seer Senior member

Great! My brown Cronmoks are being delivered today! Can't wait!

6. DJTraveler

DJTraveler Senior member

BTW, they came with two sets of laces: red and brown. The red laces give them a nice pop!

7. hohneokc

hohneokc Senior member

Thanks for sharing - your picture makes the boot look much better than the AE photo.

Chris

8. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Senior member

There's a shock.

9. gooter

gooter Senior member

I agree completely. The photos on the AE website are not a very good indicator of how good a lot of the shoes look.

10. joonian

joonian Senior member

Wearing my Bayfields for the second time today. I am tempted to get rid of them. They are US8.5D, and my toes can't move in the toebox when I put them on. I can also see the shoe bulge at the sides in a slightly disturbing way when I put my weight on them...

However, the length is fine. A 9D might be slightly too large. The ideal fit would probably be a 8.5 Wide. So what should I do... take them to the cobbler to stretch them out (and invest more funds into the boot) or take some nice pictures and sell them, since they have been barely worn. Anyone else want to weigh in on this dilemma?

Here's a pic...

[​IMG]

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I have found that shoes that are too tight in the toe box never stretch out in the right places or get more comfortable. Go back to AE and talk to them about the fit. I bet they'll exchange them for you.

12. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Senior member

How did the 333 last fit you compared to your 5 last shoes, did you go same size? I have been considering the Rutledge in black because I have never purchased the PA for the reasons stated. And my black Leeds have worked fine for me in every situation I have needed including use as a most formal dress shoe. But I feel that the Rutledge would fill the same area of use as the PA does. Those burnished walnut ones are just beautiful, and after seeing gooter's in brown...

As said all shoes should be rested and rotated. I even rotate my boots including my rubber knee high boots. Years ago I was told 2 shoes rotated every other day last longer than 3 shoes worn every day. Not sure if that is true for dress shoes but I absolutely know it is true for boots exposed to harsh environmental conditions. According to the CEO of AE due to the construction of AE shoes yes they should be in shoe trees while resting.

PS: Is your 135 score a P&Y at 10 over book? I have joked that I had the UPS man trained to deliver at my house after 5 so I was home to sign for my AE shoes. But truth is I have a 60 yard archery range along side the house and he is also a bowhunter so readily accommodated me.

Very nice! For my 3 rough collection shoes I had to size down a half size. For those did you go down in size or stay TTS? I'm not much for colored laces but those do look really nice and are growing on me.

13. seer

seer Senior member

Way cool...

14. ckprax

ckprax Well-Known Member

For me they were pretty tts; I have wide feet with a high instep (high volume) and measure a 10E. My Strand and PA are both 10E and fit well although they are a little tight in the vamp if I want the laces all the way closed, a 1/2" gap is most comfortable. I tried the Rutledge in 10D and it was very snug the laces had about a 1" gap at the top and the heel was too tight. 10E fit really well and I think 10.5D would too.

15. gooter

gooter Senior member

I wear a 10C in the 5 last, but since the Rutledge doesnt come in a C width I went down to a 9.5D. They were pretty snug at first but loosened up in all the right places. I would say they run pretty true to size against the 5 last, but since I have narrow feet I needed to size down.

Edit: and the brown is nicer than the black imo! (hence why I bought them)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.