• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny

Reaction score

[ATTACHMENT=2756]AE_Memorial_Sale_Mailer_2012_Front.pdf (144k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=2757]AE_Memorial_Sale_Mailer_2012_Back.pdf (155k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

As mentioned earlier, the memorial sale starts tomorrow - Edward just emailed me a pdf scan of the flyer if anyone wants to take a look. I'm really liking the kenilworth at that price - going to start looking for in the wild photos now.

Darn you, AE! :angry: Any Kenilworth owners care to mention what they wear those shoes with? Suits, chinos, business casual, business? Thanks.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

itsmejson

Reaction score
What I can see from the picture, yes, I think they can be polished up nicely. The only thing that can't be fixed is cracked leather or gashes in them. If the scar goes into the leather, they can't be fixed, but if they just are a bit dirty, creased and not well taken care of, I'll put them on my TLC-regime and they would look brand new.
would love to know what your TLC-regime is, care to share?

acushin2

Reaction score
clifton is on the 8 last

I recently purchased a pair of Cliftons from Nordstroms that I'm pretty happy with so far. I know they are on the 8 last, but does anyone know which 8 last? Allen Edmonds' website lists both the 108 and the 678. I'd like to know because I'm considering ordering a pair of the Hinsdales, which are on the 108 and that would make sizing pretty easy for me. Thanks.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Take a look here:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/slipping.htm

You may be tying them with a granny knot instead of a square.  Try reversing your starting knot - if you usually are right over left, try left over right for the starting knot.  Do the second knot as usual.  Hope this helps.

Great first post. Apparent;y I've read, if tied correctly, that every step tightens the knot. Has not been my personal experience though.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why sending them back? Don't fit? I'm keeping mine!

Lucky dog.... Mine had 3 large lumps in the footbed of the left shoe. I tried black superfeet inserts to isolate them but it didn't work and they did not have any more in my size. Enjoy them!

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recently purchased a pair of Cliftons from Nordstroms that I'm pretty happy with so far. I know they are on the 8 last, but does anyone know which 8 last? Allen Edmonds' website lists both the 108 and the 678. I'd like to know because I'm considering ordering a pair of the Hinsdales, which are on the 108 and that would make sizing pretty easy for me. Thanks.

Its the 108 as shown here

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/AllAboutLastsView?langId=&storeId=1&catalogId=40000000001

acushin2

Reaction score

endless402

Reaction score

Take a look here:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/slipping.htm

You may be tying them with a granny knot instead of a square.  Try reversing your starting knot - if you usually are right over left, try left over right for the starting knot.  Do the second knot as usual.  Hope this helps.

thanks, i'll give it a try. i think it has more to do with the fact that it is the 2 bar style hidden lacing,

iloveshoes

Reaction score
Anybody who did the AE 2 for 200 know the approximate time it took for shipping? A week or so? Im from Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads