• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
You're welcome!

Favorite-wise, I guess the first four would be my "rarest" shells . . .

* walnut Dalton (4th pic, 4th row middle)
* cappuccino Dundee (3rd pic, top row right)
* Alden whiskey SW bal (1st pic, 4th row left)
* Alden ravello chukka (3rd pic, 4th row left)

And the fifth would be the Carmina ruby shell quarter brogue bal (1st pic, 2nd row right).

Quote:
Holy batcrap that is a serious collection....I LOVE the colored sneaks on the bottom of the one rack..very cool.

Thanks. They're mostly Vans with a couple others (such as Keds) thrown in. Your collection must be getting big too . . . you seem to be accumulating at a rapid rate!

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score

Came home for lunch and look what was on my porch. :) will use Reno on them tonight and then get them shined up... :)

tradbrah

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've had to break in a new pair of shoes, but is it normal to hear a lot of noise with each step? It's not a squeak, just the sound of the leather creasing if that makes sense. It's kind of uncomfortable walking around the office with it making so much noise.

Maybe just need to flex the soles a bit?

Last edited:

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now just to decide whether to return the bourbon Dalton I recently bought, or keep both.
Keep both! I have walnut shell and burgundy shell daltons and they will get a ton of wear the next 4 months. I guess it depends on what other boots you have.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing the MTO (rubber soles) Rutledges today, although I still haven't been able to get them as shiny as I want.......

One of my fave AE shoes, which I own(!). This last fits me great. Wish AE had more shoes on this last. Agree with the other poster that shine is plenty good.

dave42

Reaction score
Keep both! I have walnut shell and burgundy shell daltons and they will get a ton of wear the next 4 months. I guess it depends on what other boots you have.
You're right, there is room for both NWTeal, as I don't have any other boots yet. Just a lot of money on AEs this year, and I also can't seem to get comfortable wearing them with dress pants yet. Definitely dressy enough footwear, but my flat front 32" waist pants have leg openings that aren't large enough to go over the boot very well and they look a little silly.

tjyoung

Reaction score
Wearing the MTO (rubber soles) Rutledges today, although I still haven't been able to get them as shiny as I want.......

These are dark brown? I have them as well, but they are SO dark. Any tips on how to lighten them up? Also, what's your secret to that shine?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've had to break in a new pair of shoes, but is it normal to hear a lot of noise with each step? It's not a squeak, just the sound of the leather creasing if that makes sense. It's kind of uncomfortable walking around the office with it making so much noise.

Maybe just need to flex the soles a bit?

For some reason I laughed at the thought of you tip toeing around the office to try and minimize the noise. But yeah I have had this too, my Patroits actually make a lot of noise when I walk and have experienced this with others too. It will pass as the shoe breaks in. I was even getting some sloshing from the insoles on one pair until the cork bed settled.

jubu

Reaction score

PSA: Shoebank.com is now reflecting the 20% off tent sale prices.  Snagged a Burgundy Shell Dalton that just popped up in my size this morning for $439.  Not as great as the Shell sales at $325, but figured it was still a good deal due to the rarity of any shell options for my B width foot.  

Now just to decide whether to return the bourbon Dalton I recently bought, or keep both.

Also, Terri at the Jeffersonville store also no longer works there; seems to have left around the same time Jill did.  Wonder what happened, as they both have provided me with excellent service.

Dave--Jill left the Jeffersonville store? I just spoke to her 2 weeks ago when I placed a order for a couple of pairs of shoes...too bad since she was friendly and great to work with!

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I just teared up a bit. Torture I tell you. Congratulations! Get up a good sunny pic whenever you can.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@halfnhalfnhalf yeah my collection is pretty high right now but will be thinning the herd in a major way...as I have mentioned before I wear dress shorts(is that a real style?) 5+ months of the year here in lovely NJ and just can not justify the quantity especially with all the new stuff arriving. I keep telling myself 10 boots and 10 shoes and that's all I need....and this paddle ball and this lamp. But yeah probably have 50+ between all makes right now.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@halfnhalfnhalf
   yeah my collection is pretty high right now but will be thinning the herd in a major way...as I have mentioned before I wear dress shorts(is that a real style?) 5+ months of the year here in lovely NJ and just can not justify the quantity especially with all the new stuff arriving. I keep telling myself 10 boots and 10 shoes and that's all I need....and this paddle ball and this lamp. But yeah probably have 50+ between all makes right now.

Excellent quote!

I have been thinning the herd too, but then I sometimes add to it again. I have at least gotten to the point where I am only acquiring shoes that I really find to be special for some reason, as opposed to just on sale. But having said that, I've identified three different shoes (maybe four) between the Shoe Bank sale and retail that I am considering at the moment!

Strangely, the black plain- or cap-toe blucher for business travel has eluded me. Struck out with the Lexington. Don't know why this particular shoe is so hard for me; been thinking of the Fifth Avenue boot as a substitute.

CMT1

Reaction score
Awesome shoes posted today!

I don't know if anyone needs a messenger bag, but AE is blowing out these Neumok messengers. I stopped into my local store to ask about Oxblood options and picked one up for $39.

Now it's certainly no Opti-Grab, but it's very well constructed and a steal at $39.

Black Provos for me today:

I hope the week is finding everybody well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads